5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2013 10:20 AM by sk150484

CQ 5 Tag Search with German special characters

sk150484 Level 1

Hi all,

I configured CQ 5.5. to do search on a set of custom tags that I created for documents. I did that by adding some new tags in /etc/tags/custom and adding this path in /apps/dam/content/search/searchpanel/facets/tagoptions. I noted that search works fine for any new tag that I created except those tags which contain German characters like . Can anyone help here on what could be the issue ?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: CQ 5 Tag Search with German special characters
          Ove Lindström Level 4

We have had that same probleme with swedish characters å, ä and ö. I think that the name and the id of the tag can't contain any special characters, but the Title can. At least, the ui does not allow me to use special characters, but it is possible to add them as content (since Emacs does not have that restriction) and then I get the same behaviour.

KR,

Ove

• 2. Re: CQ 5 Tag Search with German special characters
            sk150484 Level 1

Well, it seems that even normal Full text search of CQ 5.5 does not work with German characters.

e.g. I uploaded a very simple text file conatining following line:

Gute italienische Küche gibt es in Deutschland in vielen Restaurants

After uploading the document if you search for Restaurants in Fulltext option, you will see the document getting listed. However if instead you search for Küche you will not get any results. Hence it seems to be a problem in CQ search itself.

Any comments here ?

Thanks!

• 3. Re: CQ 5 Tag Search with German special characters
              Ove Lindström Level 4

I see your point. Got exactly the same problem in the DAM when searching for "ökologische" but "Unternehmenskonzept" that is in the same document is found.

When sending "ökologische" from QueryDebugger, it searches for:

18.06.2013 16:15:23.836 *DEBUG* [10.62.25.120 [1371564923836] GET /libs/cq/search/content/querydebug.html HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.search.impl.builder.QueryImpl executing query (predicate tree):

ROOT=group: [

{fulltext=fulltext: fulltext=%C3%B6kologische}

]

but from DAM Search

18.06.2013 16:17:16.096 *DEBUG* [10.62.25.120 [1371565036096] POST /bin/querybuilder.json HTTP/1.1] com.day.cq.search.impl.builder.QueryImpl executing query (predicate tree):

ROOT=group: limit=15, hitwriter=full, nodedepth=4, offset=0[

{fulltext=fulltext: fulltext=ökologische}

{mainasset=mainasset: mainasset=true}

{orderby=orderby: orderby=path}

{path=path: flat@Delete=true, path=}

{type=type: type=dam:Asset}

{0_daterange=daterange: lowerBound=, property=jcr:content/jcr:lastModified, upperBound=}

{1_group=group: or=true[

{property=property: property=jcr:content/metadata/dc:format}

]}

{2_group=group: or=true[

{property=property: property=jcr:content/metadata/cq:tags}

]}

{3_group=group: or=true[

{property=property: property=jcr:content/metadata/dam:scene7FileStatus}

]}

]

even if I can see that the JSON structure sent to /bin/querybuilder.json is:

p.hitwriter=full&p.nodedepth=4&mainasset=true&type=dam%3AAsset&fulltext=%C3%B6kologische&path=&path.flat%40Delete=true&orderby=path&0_daterange.property=jcr%3Acontent%2Fjcr%3AlastModified&0_daterange.lowerBound=&0_daterange.upperBound=&1_group.property=jcr%3Acontent%2Fmetadata%2Fdc%3Aformat&1_group.p.or=true&2_group.property=jcr%3Acontent%2Fmetadata%2Fcq%3Atags&2_group.p.or=true&3_group.property=jcr%3Acontent%2Fmetadata%2Fdam%3Ascene7FileStatus&3_group.p.or=true&p.limit=15&p.offset=0

This is on a CQ5.5-system.

• 4. Re: CQ 5 Tag Search with German special characters
                Ove Lindström Level 4

And... it works both for Tags and for Assets in AEM5.6

• 5. Re: CQ 5 Tag Search with German special characters
                  sk150484 Level 1

Thanks a lot! You saved me a lot of time in debuging CQ 5.5.

However have got stuck in CQ 5.6 now.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1237791?tstart=0

Will appreciate any help here as well.