• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dreamweaver CC Crashes Constantly

Contributor ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Dreamweaver CC last night. Cannot keep it open for more than a few seconds. Noticed if I open a file, no code shows in the Code Inspector. If I click the X to close the file, DW CC crashes. Think this release came a out a bit too soon. Buggy as hell.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 134 Replies 134
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try removing the files listed below along with those mentioned above to your desktop.

1) /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0.plist

2) /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0.plist.lockfile

3) /Users/Your User Name/Library/Caches/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0

Restart your computer and Launch DW.

-Harshit yadav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hyadav wrote:

-Harshit yadav

Yes. that's what most people are saying at the moment, lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you please try changing the default code View fonts to something like Tahoma and check if the problem persists ...

You can do this by going to the Dreamweaver preferences in Edit Menu , Then choose fonts in the Preferences dialog and change Code View font

Let us know if this helps..

..harish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screenshot of the Code View being blank and if you are on MAc the crash logs too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it doesn't crash, but please see my other thread; problems are still there: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5420680#5420680

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing fonts didn't work. Nor did removing those preference files. Here's a screen grab. I'm on a Mac running 10.8.4

BlankCodeView.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version of Dreamweaver should never have been released. If I manage to keep a file up, the graphics don't show. I also can't Save. If I restart dreamweaver I can see graphics. It's a major mess. I would say, DO NOT install this if you are on a Mac, no idea if the PC version is less buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the Properties panel is also blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does look like the staff is looking into it, but considering this is only one day in, I have no idea when they'll actually push out an update.  Days, weeks???  I assumed there would be little bugs and quirks, but this is ridiculous.  I've quit other apps, disabled all fonts except for system fonts, repaired permssions, un-installed/re-installed the app, etc.  Spent time with customer support, yada-yada-yada.  So, I'm back on CS6 for the time-being, wondering why I spent my money on a beta-product. 

(Not to mention that two out of the four options on Creative Cloud are un-available.  That's just absurd.)  This is a half-baked program and they really should've have made the beta more public (if they did at all?) to work out these bugs.  This is beyond beta; it's like an alpha test, and we are the guinea pigs.  Mac over here, btw.  10.8.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the Creative Cloud for over a year now. Love it. You get the updates faster than anyone. Learning that sometimes, you need a wait a little till kinks are ironed out. Switching back to CS6 also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PC version is just as buggy. I had to uninstall it and reinstall Dreamweaver CS6. Total bummer because I enjoy the new features in Dreamweaver CC that do work, but I am losing money trying to get the app to just stay open most of my working day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try restarting the machine as suggested in the installation? BTW what OS are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you UNINSTALL - preferences and all and download it again then it seems to work AT FIRST. it does get corrupted somewhere along the line after about a week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bah!! I just missed that you mentioned you are on 10.8.4.  I'm trying to get more insight into the problem here, please help me solve it for you.

->Did you have any custom fonts installed on your machine before you installed Dw?If yes and if the list is not too long can you list them?

-> Did you try to restart dreamweaver after changing Code view font under preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted the machine. DW wouldn't even launch. I am now downloading the latest updates, hoping something in them fix the issues. I have a million fonts. So listing them is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm along with lcg - as a designer, I have a lot of fonts.  I use Suitcase Fusion.  I cannot quite remember if I had it open when I installed, but like lcg - I have too many fonts to list.  Generally when I install things, I close everything else.  I've learned the hard way (mostly on Windows, though) that having other programs open can be disastrous.  I could see fonts corrupting a Photoshop - which is running beautifully - or Illustrator, but a coding & design program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC was crashing on me too, but I did this and the problem went away.

1. Deleted the Dreamweaver CC folder in /Users/Your User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe.
  2. Deleted the Dreamweaver CC folder in /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences
  3. Deleted /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0.plist
  4. Deleted/Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0.plist.lockfile
  5. Deleted/Users/Your User Name/Library/Caches/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0
  6. Restarted the computer.
  7. Opened Dreamweaver CC
  8. Set up the workspace the way I wanted it
  9. Saved the workspace
  10. Quit Dreamweaver CC
  11. Restarted again.

I have no idea what was important and what wasn't, but it seemed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are the precise steps Adobe walked me through, not to mention, but they are also at the top of this thread.  I'm happy it's working for you, but that did not solve my crashes.  What OS are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac OS X Lion (10.7.5).

The steps outlined at the top of the thread didn't work for me until I created and saved a workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lcg_2012

This issue has been reported, and the team is looking into it. Will keep you posted. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried all remedies posted in this thread and am still consistently crashing. Creating fluid grid layouts is a bust and don't even think of touching the close tab (X) button. Guess we'll have to wait...

Mac OSX 10.8.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this thread is from 2013, it is now 2016, I have the exact same issue or similar. CRASH when closing the HTML page. Now I have narrowed it down to that DW crashes when you view the DEsign view of a responsive web page that calls CSS that is responsive, and if you have open the CSS designer panel, Design view, then close that HTML page, it crashes every time!!!!

Also it crashes same as above but if you also have CSS Designer panel open, Design view of the web page, then F10 to view CODE view, then close HTML page. Boom.... CRASH. This is not our websites, not our code it is DW problem!

Also with the tests above, ... you can re-create it by creating a NEW web page, pick the responsive web page that Adobe gives you with DW, create that HTML page. It then creats the small assets folders that include a CSS file with Media Query in it...  then do the tests above and it will crash. So it is not a specific website I built or others built, it even crashes using a simple web page created by Dreamweaver!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allan,

I have tried all three scenarios and not once has Dreamweaver crashed. I am on a Windows 10 machine and running build 7884 of Dreamweaver CC2015.

Quite often, there are outside factors that cause Dreamweaver to crash. As an example, when Web Companion, a malware program, has been installed on your machine, Dreamweaver will act up, see OT: Dreamweaver 2015.2 crashing on launch on Windows 10? Read this.

If I were you, I would use MalwareBytes or similar software to seek out all of the nasties that your anti virus program does not find.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines