2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2013 12:29 AM by Steven Edney

Place CC PSD file in to InDesign

Steven Edney Level 1

I have been trying out CC this afternoon and came to a problem when I try to place a PSD file saved from Photoshop CC in to InDesign. I have both InDesign CS6 and CC installed and the same issue occurs with both, so I think it is a problem with the PSD file. Compatability mode is ON.

When I try to place a JPG or PSD file from previous photoshop versions it works as normal.

The actual issue is that sometimes the object frame just appears as a purple box and other times it won't place in to the document at all... anyone else experiencing similar problems.

Running on OS X 10.8.4

• 1. Re: Place CC PSD file in to InDesign
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Can you describe what is in the psd file?

Color depth? Color space?

Can you provide us with screen shoots.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Place CC PSD file in to InDesign
            Steven Edney Level 1

Hi Willi,

I just did a few more tests today and it seems that the problem is actually with my image file - it seems to be corrupted. It was a an iStock jpeg file which I did some changes to in Photoshop and saved as PSD.

When I did the same things using PS CS6 and then tried to place in to InDesign I got the same problems...

I use Photoshop and InDesign almost every day and rarely get such problems - so when it happened yesterday after upgrading to CC I immediately jumped to the wrong conclusion!

Thanks for your willingness to help anyway

Steve