6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2013 10:06 AM by A.T. Romano RSS

I cannot get past the sign in page on Premier Elements.

Hreese1950 Community Member

I cannot get past the sign in page on premier elements.  Does not respond in any way once I have entered the information requested and indicate "update".

• 1. Re: I cannot get past the sign in page on Premier Elements.
          A.T. Romano Community Member

Hreese1950

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system are you running?

Is photoshop.com and/or Adobe Revel involved in any of this?

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: I cannot get past the sign in page on Premier Elements.

Photoshop elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10 - just purchased a new computer and software in March from Dell - Inspiron 660 - Windows 7 Home Premium; 8 GB ram.

I can get to some areas but my understating is I have to "sign in" if I want to store and maybe some other accesses are tied to sign in. I haven't tried actually editing or using any of the tools yet.  I also am not sure I have found the educational part of athe site.  I have accessed some videos that are tutorial in nature, others more informative than tutorial.   

Helen

• 3. Re: I cannot get past the sign in page on Premier Elements.

And yes, photoshop.com.  I reset my password yesterday - same issue but I have tried to see how far I can go with the sign in or if I am limited and will actually take my sign in with the photoshop 10..

Helen

• 4. Re: I cannot get past the sign in page on Premier Elements.

Helen

photoshop.com (free with the Elements) and its photoshop.com plus (for additional content related to a membership fee) is no more.

The promoted replacement for it is the Adobe Revel. You do not have to sign up for it. I took the stance just to cancel my way out of those "update" dialogs and move forward into the Photoshop Elements program. I see this type of thing mostly in Photoshop Elements.

Adobe Revel is not a requirement for use of Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements.

The following is a link to Adobe Revel information. If you are interested then you can pursue the dialogs that you meet up with. If not, work on cancelling out of the dialogs to get to the program for editing your photos (Photoshop Elements) and videos (Premiere Elements).

http://www.adobe.com/products/revel/faq.html

Please update us on your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: I cannot get past the sign in page on Premier Elements.

So to make sure I understand, it appears Revel is more for the phone pictures/technology?  I went to the website and that is what I understand from the "what is Revel" definition - which I do not use that technology....I have a hard enough time getting by with the computer!  I did work on a couple of videos in premier last night....I must say I was hoping the whole photo shop experience had gotten easier to understand and it DID NOT - for me.  The tutorials - such as they are, are are too succinct -- to me they assume you know a whole lot more than (I) do working with this software. 

So, I paid for Photo shop and Premier 10 and from all indications, it appears I can still use them - no sign in required. Thanks for your assistance.

Helen

• 6. Re: I cannot get past the sign in page on Premier Elements.

Helen

As for Premiere Elements 10 video tutorials, it can be disappointing in that you see a title Premiere Elements 10 tutorials and it opens to Premiere Elements 11 instead. Although principles remain the same from version to version, features do not...especially in the case of Premiere Elements 11 which has undergone a major change in interface.

I did find one "Premiere Elements 10 video tutorials" link that may very well be offering tutorials actually demo'd in Premiere Elements 10.

Please check it out and let us know the outcome.

http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-premiere-elements-10/

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR