3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2013 4:26 AM by rubberbandit80

When I add a video to Prem Elements it shakes!?!

rubberbandit80

Hi, I'm having an issue with my Premiere Elements. Every time I add a video to my project assets and add it to the timeline it shakes or jerks on playback. I've tried rendering and it doesn't help. The videos play fine and smooth using Quicktime too.

And when I produce the video and add it to Youtube the jerkeyness is still there!

Can anyone help?

Its not a buffering shake/jerk, its like the video is moving up and down one or two pixels per second. Not huge just very annoying. A good example is video i have youtube called "1mg.tv's first play grid2". I promise this isn't just me trying to get views. I really want to get this sorted.

I'd really appreciate some help. cheers. 

• 1. Re: When I add a video to Prem Elements it shakes!?!
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

These questions below may be for a different product... but the information you need to supply is the same, for the products you use

-Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

• 2. Re: When I add a video to Prem Elements it shakes!?!
            A.T. Romano Level 7

rubberbandit80

How many instances of this "video ..moving up and down" do you see through the viewing of the video?

This is basic information that is needed to answer this type of question (See John T. Smith comment.)

However, these are the basic questions that I would need answers for in order to gauge the issue and make suggestions.

1. What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

2. What are the properties of the source media that you are putting on that Timeline? And, do the properties of these source media match the project preset that you or the program is selecting for the project preset? Among the video properties of interest...does the video have an interlaced or progressive frame rate and what is the frame rate? Are you applying a lot of effects to the footage? Have you applied Field Options, Anti-Flicker, special transitions, motion effects, etc?

3. Are you uploading your Timeline to YouTube from within Premiere Elements? Or are you exporting a Premiere Elements export file to the hard drive and then uploading the file to YouTube at the YouTube web site? Whatever the case, details please.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: When I add a video to Prem Elements it shakes!?!
              rubberbandit80 Level 1

Thanks for getting back to this, I will get the answers to the questions when I get home and let u know. I really appreciate your time and help.