Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Rotate Scanned Images

Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've a large folder of scanned images. Some pages are landscape and some are portrait.

Is there a way, using the Tools,  Actions to auto rotate the pages so that when they are view using Reader they are presentated the correct way up?

thanks

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Acrobat, Acrobat Pro, or Reader only?

In Acrobat Pro, the Tools/Pages/Rotate menu includes the option to rotate  All,  Specific Page numbers, Page ranges,

and

perhaps best for your purpose, select a Type of orientation to rotate.

What do you mean by auto-rotate?

The original orientation depends upon how it was fed into the scanner

and

the program can't tell if it's upside down or sideways to correct it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the trial of Adobe Acrobat Pro XI.

I was hoping that adobe could detect the text and then rotate the page so it's the correct way up. When I scan to PDF the scanner software is able to set a rotate value within the output PDF file 85% of the time.

However in my folder of 7,500 scanned PDF files, some PDFs were not created via the same process, so I was hoping that Adobe Acrobat Pro XI would be able to detect these upsidedown scans and rotate them for me.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll correct my answer.  It's simpler than I thought and works well.

In Acrobat X I can use Tools/Recognize Text/ Aa In This File which will deskew and process page(s) for OCR, i.e. make it a searchable document.  When I do this on a multiple manually scanned document which has pages upside down,

the deskew rotates them 180 degrees, that is corrects the manual scan orientation.

This worked with pages of both landscape and portrait, but haven't tried with 'sideways' manual scan.

All the incorrect pages were upside down.  There's also a selection to do this with Aa Multiple files, which I haven't tried.

The deskewing in the others I've tried with this menu choice have all been accurately straightened and the text of all kinds remarkably is not only searchable but can be copied and pasted into other documents/applications with Control C and Control V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines