14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2014 2:59 PM by GrenadaV

PrPro CC Functional Content

DearlG Level 1

Well...I installed PP CC and the title templates are not there. (I uninstalled PP CS6, but not the PP CS6 Functional Content) Any idea how to get the functional content back in CC?

• 1. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
          lostmile

I am wondering this myself. Why doesn't it just auto install?

• 2. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
            Harm Millaard Level 7

In Adobe's customary ways, the only solution is to beg, steal or borrow...

They never have gotten any installer do a good job since ages. If you are on a CC subscription and you look at what is installed, it contains at least 2 GB of completely worthless stuff in around 44 languages, replicated in at least 25 different locations, comprising over 2500 directories, a multitude of that in files, all of which require tedious manual labor to get rid of that crap, and they can't install functional content?

[Sarcasm on] Job well done Adobe...[Sarcasm off]

• 3. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
              Mark Morreau Adobe Community Professional

If you have Premiere Pro CS6 installed you can just copy the functional content over from CS6 to CC.

Seeing as how you didn't uninstall the functional content I wonder if it's still there? If so it'll be in folder:
              C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS6\presets and the folders you want to copy over are Styles, Templates and Textures.
              Put them in

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\presets

Will you please let us know if that folder is still there? It'll help other people who've done the same as you.

Otherwise you have to download the functional content again. It's here:
              http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/library-functional-content-missing.html

I have not uninstalled CS6, but on my laptop the functional content wasn't installed. I was able to download this, install the funcitional content, and copy it over to CC.

It'd be great to know if this functional content will extract and install without PPro CS6 being present on the system.

• 4. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
                DearlG Level 1

Thank you, Mark...

The PrPro CS6 Functional Content was still there in the path that you noted. I looked in the same path for PrPro CC and there was only a "Styles" folder and inside that was a file named "default.prsl". That file was NOT in the CS6 Styles folder.

Just to be on the safe side, I renamed the CC Styles folder to OLD_Styles and copied the CS6 Styles, Templates, and Textures  folders to the CC Presets folder. When I opened PrPro CC, the title templates were, indeed, there. When I attempted to create a new title "from template" I got an error message that it could not find the "default.prsl" file mentioned earlier. I then copied that file to the CC Styles folder and all appears well for now.

I've not installed any other CC programs at this point, but the Presets folder for Encore CS6 is still there also, so I am assuming that following the same method to reclaim them to CC will be required. No clue about After Effects other than the Presets folder is also still there for CS6.

It will likely be a couple days before I will have time to install Encore, After Effects, etc, but I will update this thread as needed.

Hoping this thread will be updated by others if they experience similiar issues with the CC programs.

• 5. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
                  DearlG Level 1

Harm...This issue is obviously not on the JDI list.

• 6. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
                    Mark Morreau Adobe Community Professional

Great, thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

That's really useful information for other people looking for the functional content.

• 7. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
                      Alan Craven Level 4

The real answer would be for Adobe to include the functional content in the download!

Their excuse for the separation in CS6 hardly holds water now, and now that DVD veesions are no longer in use, total programme content cannot be an issue.

• 8. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
                        Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Their excuse for the separation in CS6 hardly holds water now, and now that DVD veesions are no longer in use, total programme content cannot be an issue.

Even more true, now that Encore is not included, since it added the largest size to that download.

• 9. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
                          Harm Millaard Level 7

The functional content only amounts to around 750 MB for PR CS6, but the crap installed by that lousy installer takes over 2 GB. They could easily have included the functional content and reduced the download size and download times significantly, which is pretty appalling with over 3 hours to install CC on a 20 Mb/s internet connection..

• 10. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
                            Steven L. Gotz Level 5

Remarkably sloppy job. How could they forget to have the functional content download, and download into the correct folder?

Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

• 11. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
                              Alan Craven Level 4

At least with the new software delivery system, Adobe can rectify this quickly.  Maybe even by after this weekend.

After all it provides them with a golden opprtunity to demonstrate the virtues of their touted speedy update/bug fix etc.

Don't hold your breath.

• 12. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
                                DearlG Level 1

Another bit of information that I believe is worthy of note is that when I uninstalled PrPro CS6 (after installing CC), the CS6 version was still showing in the Control Panel under "Programs and Features". This appears to be because in the original PrPro CS6 install, it also installed Encore CS6 as being part of the "PrPro Family"

Under CC, Encore is appearing as a standalone install. Hang on to ALL your functional content, at the least, until you can verify their existence (likely NOT) after CC installs.

• 13. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
                                  greenhillman

Thanks to Mark and DearlG. In the end it was such a simple solution, but I think Adobe needs to include this information on their Functional Content download page. Well done guys. O

• 14. Re: PrPro CC Functional Content
                                    GrenadaV Level 1

Brilliant, this worked for me, I have CC and CS6 installed so I just copied over the folders to the appropriate folder in CC and now the content is there :-)

It would be nice if Adobe could be more upfront and proactive, letting users know the process.

Thanks for the info :-)