This content has been marked as final. Show 9 replies
I have already tried that way to solve the problem. But it doesn't work...
Is it happening on all CHMs? Have you tried creating a new project with a single topic to see if the problem is project related?
I have created a project with about 200 topics(pages) and most topics work fine. When I open my book and open the topics one by one, about 5% of the topics will give this error and the other 95% work correctly.
After changing the internet settings as you suggest above, the error is as follow:
Internet Explorer Script Error
An error has occurred in the script of this page.
Error: Object Expected
Have you had any IE updates applied recently? Also can you tell me whether the topics you created were imported from Word? Is there anything common about the topics that don't work that isn't in the ones that do work.
You also have not said what happens if you create a new project. Do that, create a single topic and recreate one of the failing topics. Don't copy and paste as this may copy across the problem. Compile and let us know what happens.
Thanks for your help.
I solved the problem on another way. I duplicated in my helpfile a working topic, and copy-pasted there in the non working topic, so I replaced the non working files for other files. I did this for every non-working topic and now the errors are gone.
Anwering your questions:
The topics I created were not imported from word. I couldn't find anything common between the non-working topics, or differences with the topics which work. I tried to make a new project, importing the topic gives the same error.
So what the real problem was, I don't know, but it works now...
By importing the file into a new project I'm not surprised they problem was still there. The problem was in the topic.
You have effectively done what I asked you to do in the first place by creating a new topic so I'm glad it worked.
Once more, thanks for your help Colum and Peter.