2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2013 8:44 AM by gandhin123

Strikethrough behind text

gandhin123 Level 1

Is there any way to make strikethrough appear behind text instead of covering it?

I am trying to make highlight with the underline function such that one side of the highlight is curved, and the other is flat (see first screen shot).

Untitled copy.jpg

It was suggested that I do this by making part of the highlight with underline, and part with strikethrough, and overlapping them. This seems to be a good solution except that strikethrough by default covers the text (see the next screen shot).

Screen Shot 2013-06-19 at 11.20.13 AM.png

If I could make the strikethrough appear behind the text, this would work perfectly. Is this possible?

• 1. Re: Strikethrough behind text
          Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can set it to "Overprint" which sorta does it but not really.

To view the result go to View>Overprint Preview

But I'm not sure if your printers will like it - best to check this with them.

• 2. Re: Strikethrough behind text
            gandhin123 Level 1

I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong, but using Overprint doesn't seem to work. Anyway, I've found a solution that seems to work so far (see screen shot).

Screen Shot 2013-06-19 at 11.39.56 AM.png

Here's what I did:

1. Highlight each of the words with the underline function (with a curved cap stroke for the first word, and a butt cap stroke for the second word).
            2. Use strikethrough with the same properties (weight, offset, and color) for the space in between the words.