Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Crash on Startup

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Downloaded and installed the latest Premiere CC and it crashes on startup.

I am using an Acer Laptop, Specs:

Core i5 1.7ghz with tb 2.5

10 gbs ram

Geforce GT 640m le 1gb

2 SSDs

Windows 7 Premium

Crash Details:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:          BEX64

Application Name:          Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Application Version:          7.0.0.342

Application Timestamp:          5176598d

Fault Module Name:          StackHash_1dc2

Fault Module Version:          0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:          00000000

Exception Offset:          0000000000000000

Exception Code:          c0000005

Exception Data:          0000000000000008

OS Version:          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID:          1033

Additional Information 1:          1dc2

Additional Information 2:          1dc22fb1de37d348f27e54dbb5278e7d

Additional Information 3:          cbc5

Additional Information 4:          cbc5ec6970b2af35927ad67117ca57e2

This happens every time I open Premiere Pro CC. I have not been able to find any info online about this. Premiere Pro CC works fine on my desktop but for some reason it hates my laptop.

Premiere Pro CS6 works just fine on my laptop, I've never had a problem with it. Any help on this would be great. I have already tried running the CC cleaner script and that did nothing. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Hi All,

Please try reinstalling the latest driver for your NVIDIA or AMD GPU, then restart the computer. This seems to have resolved most cases we have been seeing.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BEX errors are generic binary execution errors, meaning that Windows actually thinks the app isn't properly compiled for 64bit. Could be a driver issue with your SSDs that damages the binary image of the executable, so investigate that and reinstall after you've made sure everything is A&A.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll look into it some more. I'll probably just install a clean copy of windows and see if that fixes the issue. Never really  had a problem like this before so unsure how to problem solve if my SSd's are acting up or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here (bex64), but with a geforce gt650M. (and ssd also as a boot drive).

but,

as I can switch between my embeded intel graphic card, and the gt650m, I could notice that it only happens with the nvidia (note: cs6 works fine with both cards).

I updated to last nvidia drivers (320.18) but didn't get any improvement.

I'll try some nvidia settings changes, to find out if one is related to the crash.

if someone has some advice about these settings, he is welcome.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the report.wer crash log, I could see the last module loaded:

LoadedModule[247]=C:\Windows\system32\nvoglv64.DLL

FriendlyEventName=Fonctionnement arrêté

ConsentKey=BEX64

AppName=Adobe Premiere Pro CC

AppPath=C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

and this dll is: NVIDIA Compatible OpenGL ICD.

so it is quite an evidence that there is a link with nvidia drivers, at least in my case.

note: dll version is: 9.18.13.2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please try reinstalling the latest driver for your NVIDIA or AMD GPU, then restart the computer. This seems to have resolved most cases we have been seeing.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that re-installing current (last) drivers did nothing else that loosing my previous personnal settings.

So I'm busy for a couple of hours retesting all my applications, but PremiereCC still faces the same issue.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions for a Mac user? I can't update my Intel HD Graphics 4000 card in my Macbook here (although I looked, just in case I was really wrong about how these things work.) I've tried trashing my preferences, as has been suggested here, yet Pr CC still crashes as soon as I open it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Jeff

SJ ET11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gustofsun,

Sometimes, updating OS X can give you updated drivers for your built in hardware. Can you try that?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried doing a system update and it said there were no updates to be found.

And after searching several forums without any answers, I did one of the oldest tricks in the book: uninstall and reinstall.

And yeah, that worked.

What was interesting is that, when I opened up my project, it had a notification saying something to the effect that no applicable GPU hardware could be found for the Mercury Playback Engine and so it would be using the "software only" setting. Which has me wondering if, when I got the CC update two days ago (the day before all my troubles began), a setting got internally switched, making it look for graphics hardware that didn't exist.

Just a thought.

At any rate, I'm up and running again and happy about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gustofsun,

Glad you're up and running again. Thanks for the report.

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP CC crashes on start-up. I updated all my drivers and OS. Laptop is Alienware M17XR4 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M with 16GB RAM. All drivers updated today. Error: "could not find any capable video play modules." Importer quicktime.prm? PP CS6 works fine.  Also SpeedGrade CC crashes on start-up. SpeedGrade CS6 works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mark. I tried solution 1 and received the same error message: "Adobe Premiere Pro Startup Error
Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again." I made sure Nvidia was selected as only video source being used by laptop. Don't want to mess (solution 3) with the BIOS! SpeedGrade doesn't get as far in start-up as PP CC before it crashes. Tried "Run as Administrator" on it, too. Still no good. Back to CS6 - can't spend more time on this - I've got work to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 26, 2013 Jul 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Les, all of the stock processors for your Alienware model come with Intel HD 4000 graphics, as well as the NVIDIA card.  Have you tried the previously mentioned, updated HD 4000 graphics driver from Intel? 

Also, the 680M graphics card supports Optimus.  You'll need to disable Optimus on your system (first method in the article) or at least disable it for Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects (second method).

Let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2013 Oct 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ! That helps a lot ! I disabled Optimus directly from the Bios (after having tried all the other solutions suggested here, with no succes)  and PP CC doesn't crash anymore. Thank you very much !

Tim from Paris, France.

PS : my GPU is Nvidia Quadro K4000M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2013 Nov 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is crashing on startup for me on my OSX Mavericks install. (I accidentially update from Mountain Lion and now it's too late to go back).

The funny part is that it worked fine after updating the OS for a week now. Then I tried to open AE and it said it needed to be updated. So I hit update all and it updated both AE and Premiere. Now AE works fine but Premiere crashes on startup every time.

I am running a Mac Pro with a GeForce 690 and a GeForce 680. Nvidia doesn't have any drivers yet for OSX 10.9 . But they did have new CUDA drivers so I updated those at the same time as Premiere. So it could have been the Premiere update or maybe the CUDA update. But what's confusing is that it worked fine before the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, I seemed to figure out the issue with the mavericks install and Premiere crashing on startup. It seems that Colorista was the issue. I noticed that that was the last thing it tried to load before crashing, so I moved it out of the plugins directory and now it loads fine.

And, I mean, let's be honest, who would use colorista when there is resolve anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a possible purchaser of CC this is a show stopper. I have been reading reports about this error that were posted in July of 2013.

I have done all of the possible work arounds, to no avail. So, at this point in time, I can't justify paying for CC, when it does not work.

I might give it a go after the first of the year, but I'm not holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bubbah1

As you saw in my previous post, I had the same problem. Adobe tech had to take over my PC to get it to work. I had a similar problem with SpeedGrade but that was fixed a couple months ago. Things were working fine until the most recent update to SpeedGrade. Now it crashes upon startup. I have gone back to my CS6. I am not doing anything with the cloud right now since moving all my work to CC applications will block me from going back.

Then Adobe tells me they were hacked resulting in information about my purchases and personal identity may have been stolen. Well, they were. Lifelock notified me that my personal information has shown up outside the country. Great!!! Not only do I have to struggle to get Adobe applications to work, now I have to secure my personal identity on all my other internet transactions. So, I will probably stay with CC (paying $20 a month to keep up with the changes and additions) until my initial subscription runs out and then dump all I can't secure myself in the form of a physical disk and on my PC; they are under my personal control and I will take care of my stuff. So watch out for all the Cloud hype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a similar problem on my Mac Book Pro running Adobe Premiere. It hangs on startup whilst scanning for audio plug-ins. I guess I'll just stick with FCPX.....

Shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Retina MacBook Pro (mid 2012), and my Premiere Pro CC has been working great until i just updated to the latest 7.1 patch...it now crashed on launch...don't even get to see the UI before it goes down after scanning all the plugins and folders.

i'm in the middle of an important video editing project (shouldn't have done all the patches!), so any chance anyone here could point me in the right direction? i already tried re-installing the patch, and even copied the app from another machine (where it works) onto my rMBP, but it keeps crashing on launch...Help!!

here is my crash report (please excuse the long-a** post, but i coudln't find a way to link to a text file):

Process:         Adobe Premiere Pro CC [821]

Path:            /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC/Adobe Premiere Pro CC.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Identifier:      com.adobe.AdobePremierePro

Version:         7.1.0 (7.1.0)

Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:  launchd [334]

Responsible:     Adobe Premiere Pro CC [821]

User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2013-12-02 19:56:25.323 -0800

OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9 (13A603)

Report Version:  11

Anonymous UUID:  DE36DF71-97FC-54EB-D3C7-F832925F0547

Crashed Thread:  0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:

abort() called

*** error for object 0x1355b6458: pointer being freed was not allocated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Red Giant plugins are involved. See Post 18 in this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5795495#5795495.

I don't know whether Red Giant has released an update for Mavericks. If not, then you'll have to disable your Colorista plugins.

Oh, and please don't post the complete crash report. All that's really needed is the header section (down to where each thread is enumerated) and the section for the thread identified in the header as the Crashed Thread.  A moderator will probably be along to relegate the crash report to an attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry about that...now that i know, i won't do that again...kind of a noob when it comes to such things, so i'll try to figure out how to do it correctly next time.

lemme try to find those rogue plugins and de-install them, the report back...thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bingo! removing Colorista from ~//Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS#/MediaCore/ did the trick! i'll be testing for a bit and if anything else creeps up, i'll be back.

thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines