5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2013 1:10 PM by scsa915

Why is there no embed button on my distribute tab?

scsa915

I have imported a form to FormsCentral and I would like to embed the form on my website, but I do not see the embed button.  All of the information I am seeing says that it should be there but I don't see it.  Could it be located somewhere else?  Am I doing something wrong?  Thank you.

• 1. Re: Why is there no embed button on my distribute tab?
          Genevieve Laroche Adobe Employee

You can't embed forms that are PDF imported into FormsCentral. You can only embed HTM form (web forms) that were designed in FormsCentral.

For PDF forms you want you fillers to download the PDF to their machine and use Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Mobile to fill-out the form. Filling up a PDF forms directly in the browser rarely works because of third party PDF viewer that does not support PDF forms properly.

Hope this helps

Gen

• 2. Re: Why is there no embed button on my distribute tab?
            scsa915 Level 1

Just so I understand.  I need a form that contains simple calculations within the form (such as summing totals) which, as far as I can tell is only available in adobe acrobat pro (not in FormsCentral), but in order for me to distribute the file I have to import it to FormsCentral which then doesn't allow me to embed it on the website.  Basically the two programs require eachother to work effectively, but they are not completely compatible? That seems a little counterintuitive doesn't it?

Am I wrong about the calculation setup in FormsCentral, can I do simple calculations such as adding, multiplying, and dividing?

• 3. Re: Why is there no embed button on my distribute tab?

You are not wrong about the form field calculations. Forms designed in FromsCentral do not support calculation so you need to use a PDF to get form calculations.

When you import a PDF in FormsCentral you can collect responses via FormsCentral. You can send the PDF to people so that they can open it in Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Mobile, fill in the form, click on the submit button and you receive the data in FormsCentral. You can also add a button to your website to download the PDF so that people save the PDF locally fill it out in Adobe Reader, Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Mobile and submit the data to FormsCentral.

It is not that the two (Imported PDF and FromsCentral) are not compatible with each other it the fact that third party applications who support a subset of PDF functionalities like Chrome, Safari, Preview on mac and others don't support PDF forms correctly or completely. The only way that you can successfully submit the PDF data is by using one of the Adobe products which support the all the PDF Form functionalities.

Some browsers do have the Reader plug-in. In this case you could fill-in the PDF directly in the browser but you don't know who has the plug-in so we suggest to force people to download the PDF and use the free Adobe Reader to fill in the form.

Hope this clears things up

Gen

• 4. Re: Why is there no embed button on my distribute tab?

I meant to add...  you can't design a form with calculation with FormsCentral but you can definitely add columns to the View Responses table and add calculations there.

Gen

• 5. Re: Why is there no embed button on my distribute tab?
                  scsa915 Level 1

Okay, I will utilize some of your suggestions and try to make it work.  Thank you Gen.