3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2013 5:21 PM by truthseekers

Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Dolby Audio Decode Licensing Restriction

dalesandberg Level 1

I have a Macbook Pro and a Mac Pro. They are both running Premiere Pro CS6 v6.0.2. On my Macbook Pro, I started a project using AVCHD media in the form of .mts files. I believe these files have Dolby Digital Audio. I have project managed all of the files onto my external harddrive for editing on my Mac Pro; however, as I open the project file I recieve an error message "This installation does not have a license to decode Dolby Digital audio". If I then open a different project and check the error log, I see the error "Dolby Audio Decode Licensing Restriction on file..."

Sometimes when opening the project I also get an error "There is no Preset for this sequence..." or something similar. I cannot rememeber exactly.

I have the exact same plugins on both my Mac Pro and Macbook Pro. They are running the same version and they are both activated on my Creative Cloud membership. Any thoughts on why I can't open the project on my Mac Pro?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Dolby Audio Decode Licensing Restriction
          dalesandberg Level 1

I was able to solve the problem by installing Premiere Pro CC on my machine. This converted the file upon opening it and in the conversion or through the new softwarey problem had resolved itself. So long as I work in CC from now on.

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Dolby Audio Decode Licensing Restriction
            elgigabit

It happens same to me in Premiere CC

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Dolby Audio Decode Licensing Restriction
              truthseekers Level 1

In short after reading LOTS of people complaining like you have, like I have like probably about 1 million people who own AVCHD cameras have that the most used format to shoot on for home /semi pro users is AVCHD and Premiere... get ready for this... take a deep breath.... DOESNT SUPPORT ITS AUDIO FILES. Its apparently licensed by DOLBY and you ahve to contact and minktonka company and pay.... really sit down first... take another deep breath... they want $300 for the plugin to make it work.

So Adobe have shafted.... is that a polite enough word... its customers who just want to play their files - not even encode the project to dolby digital - just play and edit their stuff. No even though you own that camera which only lets you shoot in that format and even though you are stuck wanting Premiere, adobe thinks that for the large monthly sum the world can go sit on its finger before they will sort this out.

Charming huh.

Adobe are you listening..... hello Adobe... have you gone mad Adobe... hello. Earth calling Adobe.

As someone pointed out you can play these files on quicktime, media player... so seems apple and microsoft PAY THEIR LICENCES ON BEHALF OF THE USERS OF THEIR PRODUCTS. Adobe must either be skinflints or maybe a nephew of theirs owns Minkytonkatoy firm who are selling that annoying plugin. Ever heard of download sites... cough cough.