0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2013 2:03 PM by TansySue

Installed Photoshop CS6 3 times from Perpetual License download - error messages keep coming

TansySue Level 1

Windows 7-64

I bought Photoshop CS6 as an upgrade to CS3 and CS5 which I had previously bought on Disk. This new version came as a Download from Adobe but I have continuing problems with this download.

On first installation I ran the updater from inside Photoshop and got error message:

Extension Manager 6.0.6 Update
      Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

I ran the Adobe Application Manager for updates and it said I was O.K. but again from within Photoshop the updater gave the error message.

The Adobe Community suggested a re-install. I uninstalled the programme, ran the clean-up creative software tool and did another download and re-installed.

Now I have another error message:

Adobe Photoshop 13.0.1.2
      Done with Errors. Error Code: U44M1P6

Extension Manager 6.0.6 Update
      Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

I ran the Adobe Application Manager again today and it treated me as a Creative Cloud customer and said my trial had ended! - I don't subscribe to Creative Cloud, I am on a perpetual license. I have never (knowingly) done a modified install (wouldn't know how to!)

So now I have uninstalled Photoshop CS6 yet again. I have seen on one forum to download from the TRY button instead of the bought button. But I can't find the TRY button now - in fact all I can find on the HELP pages is the Creative Cloud version.

Time is running out - I can see I will be asking for my money back on this one!

Any help out there please?

Thanks