8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2013 5:38 PM by A.T. Romano

Audio Problems

NCGipp

After rendering and saving my video all the audio transfers over except the audio in Audio 1. How can I fix this?

• 1. Re: Audio Problems
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Is it muted?

Is it an mp3? If so, convert it to wav.

• 2. Re: Audio Problems
            NCGipp Level 1

No its not muted. Its an MP4. I think thats my problem. Is there a way to convert it in Premiere?

Thank you,

• 4. Re: Audio Problems
              A.T. Romano Level 7

NCGipp

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What is your project preset?

What are the properties of your source media, video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate including interlaced or progressive, aspect ratio, etc.? In addition, is your import into Premiere Elements a file with linked video and audio components? If so, anything else on the video, audio, narration, and soundtrack? If narration and soundtrack, is that exporting OK?

And, what are you selecting a your export and what are your export settings?

Looking forward to more information to help us help you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Audio Problems
                NCGipp Level 1

I am using Elements 11 on windows 7, 64.

The project I am trying to save began on Elements 7 before I upgraded last week. I think my presets is what is killing me. I am at DV NTSC

The sound track (MP3) & Narraration (WAV) are transfering fine to the saved project.

The audio linked with the video (MP4) is not, it plays in the editor but not the finished product.

The source media frame size is 1920x1080, frame rate is 29.97,

Source Audio Format:48000Hz Compressed Stereo

Project Audio Format 48000Hz 32 bit floating point Stereo

Aspect Ratio 1.0

thank you,

• 6. Re: Audio Problems
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

NCGipp

Do you still have Premiere Elements 7 installed on your Windows 7 64 bit computer? You probably should have finished the project there and used Premiere Elements 11 for your new projects, but... Remember, that once you edit a project.prel from an older version in a later one, typically you cannot take the later version edited one back into the old version for editing. All that said and done, let us see what we can do in Premiere Elements 11.

Where are you at DV NTSC? In Premiere Elements 11 or was that the project preset for this project from Premiere Elements 7? Let us sort this out:

1. Did you have your 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 frames per second in a Premiere Elements 7 NTSC DV Standard or Widescreen project or a NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 project?

2. We know that Video 1 and Audio 1 has a .mp4 file extension? Can you find out what video compression it has and whether you are dealing with 1080i or 1080p?

3. When you open this project in Premiere Elements 11 and the project opens, do you see a file on Video 1 and Audio 1 and does Audio 1 show wave form for its track display style? Are you saying that you can hear the Audio 1 audio when you play back the Timeline? Have you checked all the volume setting areas including the Audio Mixer?

4. If so, then let us focus on Publish+Share/Computer and what your choices are there. What are you selecting and are you customizing the export settings under the Advanced Button of the preset?

Let us start here and then base what next on your reply.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Audio Problems
                    NCGipp Level 1

Hi AT,

I am at DC NTSC in 11 and I believe it was carried over when I took it from 7. I upgraded because 7 kept shutting down on me and the upgrade seemed to fix the problem. I havn't used the software in a long time but need it now for a kickstarter project.

In response to the above:

1) I went with the default choice.

2) I can't locate this info. Where should I look?

3) Yes I see a file on Video 1 & Audio 1. Yes the audio shows wave form. Yes I can hear the audio 1 audio in the playback timeline. Yes I have checked all the vloume levels in the mixer.

4) I have gone through most of the choices for MPEG. I have used NTSC DVD Standard down to HD1080p 25 High quality.

Thanks alot for the help,

• 8. Re: Audio Problems
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

NCGipp

I did a run through with a Premiere Elements 7 Windows 7 64 bit where I established the project as NTSC DV Standard and NTSC DV Widescreen. The clip on the Timeline was a H.264.mov. I saved/closed the project and then went to the Adobe Folder/Premiere Elements/7.0 where I right click the project.prel, selected Open With, and then Premiere Elements 11.

The Premiere Elements 7 NTSC Standard or NTSC Widescreen project was found set up in Premiere Elements 11 as a NTSC DV Standard or NTSC DV Widescreen project. There were no issues with the audio.either in the Edit Mode or in any of the exports.

We could invoke the damaged project idea, but you seem to have all the ingredients for success in the project that arrived in Premiere Elements 11.

You could try flushing the preferences which is a typical attempted remedy for unexplained issues. To do that in a Windows 7 64 bit path:

Local Disc C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Prefs file that you delete.

Make sure that you are working from Folder Options Show Hidden Files and Folders On so that you can see the complete path.

Typical question...is your audio card driver up to date?

I will think about this some more.

ATR