4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2013 4:28 PM by the_wine_snob

DVD not playing

kmascio

Premier Elements 11 - burned a DVD, NTSC format.  The DVD won't play on my TV but does on my computer.  What am i not doing correctly

• 1. Re: DVD not playing
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kmscio

What did you produce in Premiere Elements 11

a. DVD-VIDEO Standard or Widescreen on DVD disc

and

b. NTSC or PAL

What type of DVD disc did you use?

Please check to determine if your TV DVD Player supports the DVD-VIDEO format on the particular type DVD disc you selected for the burn to.

Please insert the DVD disc in the DVD/CD burner tray, explore the Drive in Computer by right clicking the Driver, and selecting Open. When the drive is opened, do you see two folders, one named OpenDVD and the other named VIDEO_TS?

Have you checked the setting for your TV DVD Player setup?

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: DVD not playing
            kmascio Level 1

This is the option I chose.  Burned to a DVD-R disc.

The video was from a camera. I downloaded the clips, created a quick video.  Looks great.  Won’t play on the TV.

I see both folders you mention on the DVD

The files in VIDEO_TS are

I checked my DVD player – a Sony Blu-ray/DVD player and it says it supports DVD-R and DVD+R.  However supported file extensions are - .mpg, .mpeg, .m2ts, .mts, .mkv, .mp4, .m4v, .wmv, .asd – which isn’t what is above in my screen shot. 

Is there another option that I should be burning the disc with?

I appreciate any assistance you may provide.

Thanks,

Ken

• 3. Re: DVD not playing
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As a test...

Create a DVD output folder on your hard drive and then use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write the folder to DVD (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

When you write to disc with Imgburn, use the SLOWEST possible speed setting, so your burner has the best chance to create "good, well formed" laser burn holes... since no DVD player is required to read a burned disc, having a "good" one from a high quality blank will help

Use Taiyo Yuden single layer or Verbatim Two layer Or Falcon Pro for inkjet printable Two layer

• 4. Re: DVD not playing
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Ken,

What brand of blank media did you burn to?

The brand can have a major impact on the playability of a burned DVD-Video in a set-top player.

I recommend Verbatim, Taiyo-Yuden or Falcon Pro, and strongly suggest not using Memorex, recent TDK, recent Ritek, or any "store brand." This article goes into more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3505860#3505860

That the DVD-Video plays on your computer is a good sign, as it indicates that PrE did its job. That the disc will not play on your set-top player indicates a problem with the disc itself, or the set-top player.

Good luck,

Hunt