• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exit Code: 6 – problems to find some file during install

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, anytime i try to install CC, this error pops out. I think its the same when trying to install other apps, not just PS. Tried to uninstall, reinstall, reset, reinstall, clean windows temp manually. What should i do?

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 4 error(s)

----------- Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) 10.0.40219.325 {55B82130-18F9-11E2-8D43-00215AEA26C9} -----------

ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x86.exe failed with exit code: 1612

ERROR: Failed to repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Please try repairing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Users\Johny\AppData\Local\Temp\{2C51F140-C9C7-45B6-96B4-EFA75737E770}\Photoshop_14_LS20\Adobe CC\payloads\Microsoft VC 2010 Redist (x86)\vcredist_x86.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

----------- Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) 10.0.40219.325 {54B0C34F-18F9-11E2-BC1D-00215AEA26C9} -----------

ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x64.exe failed with exit code: 1612

ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64). Please try installing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Users\Johny\AppData\Local\Temp\{2C51F140-C9C7-45B6-96B4-EFA75737E770}\Photoshop_14_LS20\Adobe CC\payloads\Microsoft VC 2010 Redist (x64)\vcredist_x64.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Hi,

1612 is a wel documented error while installing VC runtimes on microsoft websites. The error is giving you pointers on how to solve this when it says "Download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com".

After uninstalling both of these particular VC runtimes ( VC++ 2010 (x86) and (x64)), reinstall from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667. Also, make sure you do install the security update as well from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same error. I found: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5555

But when I try to put VC_RED.MSI in the folder the installer is expecting. it isn't the correct version:-(

it wants 10.0.40219

There are a ton of vcredist_x86.exe on my computer. That is the name of the installer for the above. But I can't tell by looking at the files if they are the correct version?

I found one version in a directory   Adobe CS6\payloads\Microsoft VC 2010 Redist (x86)

But that did not fix the problem.

--------------------------------------

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

----------- Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) 10.0.40219.325 {55B82130-18F9-11E2-8D43-00215AEA26C9} -----------

ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x86.exe failed with exit code: 1612

ERROR: Failed to repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Please try repairing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Users\Epic\AppData\Local\Temp\{3BB37FB0-ADC6-41C1-9C5F-4FA166D0A9A0}\AdobeExtensionManager_CC_LS20\AdobeExtensionManagerCCAll\payloads\Microsoft VC 2010 Redist (x86)\vcredist_x86.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried to reinstall Visual C++, I even installed the new version from 2012

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=30679

No chance, same errors in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign ...

- 0 fatal error(s), 4 error(s)

ERROR: Failed to repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86). Please try repairing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Users\Johny\AppData\Local\Temp\{8FD78FCF-0E9A-48A7-8C54-A57087B6D568}\InDesign_9_LS20\Adobe InDesign CC\payloads\Microsoft VC 2010 Redist (x86)\vcredist_x86.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

----------- Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) 10.0.40219.325 {54B0C34F-18F9-11E2-BC1D-00215AEA26C9} -----------

ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x64.exe failed with exit code: 1612

ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64). Please try installing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Users\Johny\AppData\Local\Temp\{8FD78FCF-0E9A-48A7-8C54-A57087B6D568}\InDesign_9_LS20\Adobe InDesign CC\payloads\Microsoft VC 2010 Redist (x64)\vcredist_x64.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1612 is a wel documented error while installing VC runtimes on microsoft websites. The error is giving you pointers on how to solve this when it says "Download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com".

After uninstalling both of these particular VC runtimes ( VC++ 2010 (x86) and (x64)), reinstall from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667. Also, make sure you do install the security update as well from: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999.

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I've learned this the hardway. If you cleaned up temp folders you think you don't need. And in this case the vc_red.msi. .msi = the installer. And on windows the installer, is also what is used to un-install the software.Whether you go to the control panel first, and select the software to uninstall, or, in our case, the Adobe installer software is running a script to "update" Visual C++ 2010 package, but is actually asking for the original, and now missing .msi, to remove itself first, before installing the new package.

We will still need a way to remove the missing software, before Adobe can successfully install, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This definitely does not work! First of all its not in human possibilities to uninstall VC runtimes, because they need their "temp" folders where they were installed to do so and of course, because these are temporary, they doesnt exist in present time when i would like to uninstall.

Second, i reinstalled the whole OS and all programs, it took me about 6 hours now, and guess what? Still broken. So no, this doesnt help me much...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you must be f*in kidding me... This is absolutely ridiculous. When i manage to NOT install the VC 2010, this pops out

- 0 fatal error(s), 2 error(s)

----------- Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) 9.0.30729.5677 {512B6D21-18F9-11E2-93C1-00215AEA26C9} -----------

ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x64.exe failed with exit code: 1618

ERROR: Failed to repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64). Please try repairing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Users\Johny\AppData\Local\Temp\{D8D8FD82-660A-4EB6-9C34-ED9684B7E332}\InDesign_9_LS20\Adobe InDesign CC\payloads\Microsoft VC 2008 Redist (x64)\vcredist_x64.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com

Really? Are you serious?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is a microsoft installer problem with their VC runtime installers. Did you try to get the VC 2008 redistributable from the link I shared and run it in repair mode. Does it give any error? If it successful in repair, then install our software over it.

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesnt help cause it still needs vc_red.msi from some temporary folder (in format like b5f4ds6a54sdasd465sa4d) from disk and of course, there are not such folders anymore. I have no doubt that this is problem of Microsoft putting these in temporary folders, but i need Adobe to work and this is why Adobe fails to install. I assume, that Adobe should know such things and get over them. Not me as the user, cause its not my problem, you made the installer, not me.

I give you money, you should give me your services, thats the deal. (The funny thing is, that finally i managed to AT LEAST install Photoshop CC and Acrobat 11... guess what? They are asking me for CD key!!!

CD KEY ON CC!! really funny... )

Listen: I'm working man, i need these products to fulfill my clients needs and this problems blocking my work. Every update, im ending fixing some of your apps and hacking registry.

I don't mean to be rude, but this is really getting on my nerves! 7 hours off and i did NOTHING and the best outlook i have is reinstalling the whole system again hoping i will cut the right wire so your software doesn't blow my head off with errors once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I sent you a private message. Please respond to it and come to the connect session there. I understand your frustations. I will try my best to resolve this.

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2015 Mar 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pls I'm in the same trouble and I need AE. I have this error Payload 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x64) 9.0.0.3 {9B78FAB0-AC6B-11E0-8EF3-00215AEA26C9}' information not found in Media_db. Do u know what that means ? I'm working on it for 3 days now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this by using REVO uninstaller. Start to uninstall the offending VC. It will give you the same error, "Can't find the VC_RED.MSI, which is not there."

At that point cancel, and click advanced radio button. It will search for all the pieces of the VC version. Select all and delete. Now go to MS and down load the same version i.e if it was Visual C++ 2008 x64. Install that package x64 and 86 versions.

Now it should install.

Important also install the security updates. I ended up removing and reinstalling all those VC++ packages. Now everything installs okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does indeed work. What is missing is not TEMPORARY. It is the .MSI, installer for that package. When you want to uninstall something in Windows, it executes the installer script, the .MSI, and rens the deinstallation.

The warning we were seeing, was Windows asking to find the missing MSI. the VC_RED.MSI. Mine was deleted.

REVO Uninstaller Pro, will scan your drive and create a list of all the associate pieces. Select all, and delete them.  At this point it is just as you system was PRIOR to the VC++ being installed.

I'm not a excuser for Adobe. But many apps use the Runtime VC++. During the installation of say Photoshop, it first looks to see if VC++ is installed. If not it hands off to the .MSI installer. Likewise, if a newer version is needed, it can't just add a newer version, it needs to clear out the older version first.

REVO Uninstaller, absolutely WILL remove all signs of a package, even with out the .MSI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any new luck on this? I had to "refresh" my PC which uninstalled all apps. However, I'm in the process of downloading Visual Studio Express 2013 for Desktop...will this fix the problem?

Here is the error:

----------- Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64) 11.0.61030.0 {3E272A93-C06B-4206-AD02-0EBE02535E20} -----------  ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x64.exe failed with exit code: 2147942750  ERROR: Failed to repair Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64). Please try repairing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Users\LINDS_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{C87D3D2A-7E1F-45B9-B7F2-BBD7F30279A1}\Illustrator_18_LS20_win64\Adobe Illustrator CC 2014\payloads\Microsoft VC 2012 Redist (x64)\vcredist_x64.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x64) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com  ----------- Payload: Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x86) 11.0.61030.0 {873BE68F-480F-49A6-9649-F98CAB056AFC} -----------  ERROR: Third party payload installer vcredist_x86.exe failed with exit code: -2147024546  ERROR: Failed to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x86). Please try installing it by double clicking on the executable at "C:\Users\LINDS_~1\AppData\Local\Temp\{C87D3D2A-7E1F-45B9-B7F2-BBD7F30279A1}\Illustrator_18_LS20_win64\Adobe Illustrator CC 2014\payloads\Microsoft VC 2012 Redist (x86)\vcredist_x86.exe", or download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable Package (x86) from Microsoft website - www.microsoft.com 

...Tried the repair...no go. Hopefully, installing Express 2013 for Desktop w/ update 3 fixes the problem... Am I on the right track?bhatnaga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First uninstall the existing VC runtimes/redistributables from the system. Then, download the redistributable from the microsoft site, VC express is a different package. If the redistributable installation succeeds, Try installing our product again.

Regards,

Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is impossible to uninstall VC Redist 2008 even with REVO Uninstaller Pro. It still seeks for that msi file.

I use 80 GB SSD So it is quite normal to delete temp files. Additionally I find it really disturbing when someone installs something in the root directory in unfamiliar folder named <098a....> directory. Even if it is M$. Let us not mention the importance of a system files left like that without any indication to what they might belong.

I say it's Microsoft fault, however Adobe can probably fix that by finding a way around. Actually I have the redist files already installed. What is the nature of this new reinstallation/reconfiguration of Redist for the Adobe PS needs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need run the program as admin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines