1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 20, 2013 8:40 AM by Peter Spier

Re-installing IDCS6 without deactivating

David W. Goodrich Level 3

A week ago, I installed IDCS6 upgrade on my Win7 laptop, just after creating a  restore point.  I installed only IDCS6 for now.  My Adobe account confirms I purchased CS6 Design Web Premium upgrade six weeks ago, but doesn't say whether I registered or activated it.  I assume I did both, though I barely tried IDCS6.  This morning the laptop had trouble booting and I had to restore the system from the point just before I installed IDCS6, with no chance to de-activate.  The laptop's CS5.5 suite seems fine, and  the CS6 install package still sits there on the desktop.  Do I need to contact Adobe before re-installing?

I'm not sure of the procedures here, and worried that if my laptop keeps acting up I'll jeopardize using CS6 on my main machine (still on CS4, though I plan to upgrade soon).  Thanks in advance,

David

• 1. Re: Re-installing IDCS6 without deactivating
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

If it shows in your account, it's registered, which is good.

You shouldn't have any trouble reinstalling on the same machine, but if you get a warning that you've already activated it twice, there should also be a phone number to call. I haven't had to do this for a few years, but it used to be painless -- just explain what happened and they'll get you activated.