8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2013 11:26 AM by the_wine_snob

Sharing 4.0

MrD549

Suddenly unable to share my edited movie with a dvd or to uplaod to Youtube! What has happened? How can this be resolved quickly?

• 1. Re: Sharing 4.0
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Are you referring to Premiere Elements 4.0?

If so, then Export is where you will want to start.

Please let us know if you are working with PrE 4.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Sharing 4.0
            A.T. Romano Level 7

MrD549

Under the assumption that you are using Premiere Elements 4 Windows (what edition Windows?)

Additional questions might include:

What are the properties of your media on the Timeline and do any of them come as protected video?

Do you have QuickTime latest version installed? Have your computer privileges been changed or compromised in any way?

Have you changed anti virus program or changed any of the firewall settings? Are you having any problems with your Internet connection?

Have you tried to uninstall/reinstall the program?

The answers will be in the details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Sharing 4.0
              MrD549 Level 1

Yes Bill. I am using Premier Elements 4.0 and, until recently, I had no problem. Now, when I go to "SHARE" to burn a DVD I get a prompt reading "Could not initialize disk

burning engine. I don't see, or haven't noticed a prompt for "Export."

• 4. Re: Sharing 4.0
                A.T. Romano Level 7

MrD549

I came across this 2011 thread on your topic. It seems to end with problem resolved. Please check it out to determine if any of the information in it applies to your specific situation.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/831072

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Sharing 4.0
                  MrD549 Level 1

Windows 7 system. I did try uninstalling then reinstalling the editing program but the result was the same. I'll check that 2011 thread now. Thank you. This had been a very dependable editing and dubbing system until recently.

• 6. Re: Sharing 4.0
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

MrD549

Anything at all in the way of changes in the computer environment that you can link to the onset of this issue?

ATR

• 7. Re: Sharing 4.0
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

MrD549,

Thank you for that info. In your case, the Share to DVD is the correct place. I had missed that you were authoring a DVD-Video.

Good luck, and hope that the thread, to which ATR linked, will be useful in solving your issue.

Hunt

• 8. Re: Sharing 4.0
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Being unable to Burn to Disc from PrE is often linked to adding certain programs, that "hook" the multi-drive/burner at bootup. Certain modules in Roxio, and Nero can do that. Those are the DLA, or InCD modules. I have observed other instances, where if one is using Quicken, and Save to Disc, the Windows packet-writing module can be invoked. In that particular case, one's multi-drive/burner is then reported as a CD burner, and NOT a DVD burner.

This article goes into more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2776760#2776760

There are probably other programs, that have, or can invoke packet-writing, basically telling the OS that the multi-drive/burner is really a removable HDD. I have just not encountered those.

Good luck,

Hunt