• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open page to edit

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp HTML v9 - Project opens but cannot open page to edit - test project works correctly

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Ok, but you have no problems with any of the sample projects RH includes? Have you checked your file/folder permissions/security outside of RH? What’s changed since the other day?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the sample project opens & you can edit it, but not your “real” project, then something is wrong with it. Any source control involved? Where is the project located? Is it on any one topic or all of them? – have a look at file permissions – are they set to “read-only”? Tried deleting/renaming the .CPD file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no source control involved. The project worked fine the day before but not today. It is located on my C drive. I tried renaming the .CPD file with no change. The same result on all topics. In fact a second project does the same thing.

When I open the project and click on a topic nothing happens. When I click on it again the screen goes partially white and the program stops responding. I have to close the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but you have no problems with any of the sample projects RH includes? Have you checked your file/folder permissions/security outside of RH? What’s changed since the other day?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I check my permisions outside of RH and found that the entire folder was marked "Read Only". The only thing that I can think of that happened since I last opened the projects is that there was an automatice Microsoft update.

Both projects are now functioning correctly. I thank you for your help. It would have never occurred to me that some other event marked those files "Read Only".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently came across this link that could help in this scenario:

http://itexpertvoice.com/home/fixing-the-windows-7-read-only-folder-blues/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

When you click Tools > Options > File Association, do you have an editor configured there? If not, perhaps you need to configure one.

If that fails, perhaps you also need to configure a default browser?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp