2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2013 1:19 PM by girard29

Undo Speech Analysis in order to Embed Script necessary?

girard29 Level 1

How can I undo Speech Analysis in Premiere in order to make way for an embedded script?  After a quick test of speech analysis on interview footage, I've started transcribing the interview in Story for import into Premiere.  However, I can't seem to get rid of the Speech Analysis (except by deleting one word at a time) in order to make way for the embedded script.  Now when I embed the script and analyze, the original (and inaccurate) Speech Analysis stays in the metadata.  I've explored the forum and videos but seem to be missing something.  Thanks for the help!

• 1. Re: Undo Speech Analysis in order to Embed Script necessary?
          Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

girard29 wrote:

How can I undo Speech Analysis in Premiere in order to make way for an embedded script?  After a quick test of speech analysis on interview footage, I've started transcribing the interview in Story for import into Premiere.  However, I can't seem to get rid of the Speech Analysis (except by deleting one word at a time) in order to make way for the embedded script.  Now when I embed the script and analyze, the original (and inaccurate) Speech Analysis stays in the metadata.  I've explored the forum and videos but seem to be missing something.  Thanks for the help!

Hi girard29,

You can right-click (Windows) or Ctrl-click (Mac OS) and choose Clear Script Data. Try then attaching the proper script and runnng a new analysis. See if the data now reflects the newly attached script.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 2. Re: Undo Speech Analysis in order to Embed Script necessary?
            girard29 Level 1

That was it! I still seem to have minor issues even with a transcription but it took for the most part.  I cleared the script data, then embedded the script and re-analysed.  Now I just have to figure out the best work flow for a multicam sequence...

Thank you!