10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2013 7:37 AM by MW Design

Mini Bridge is Gone in CS6 on my machine

Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Not just turned off, apparently, but gone completely -- Photoshop is kind enough to tell me it is not installed. I tried restoring the CS6 folders from a backup taken 12 days ago when I know it was working because I actually used it after that point, but no luck.

It does work on my laptop, but I can't find a plugin to copy. Anybody have a clue what file(s) I need? Win7 x64...

• 1. Re: Mini Bridge is Gone in CS6 on my machine
          Ankit Kanwara. Adobe Employee

Hey Peter,

You need to instal the bridge CC App to get the mini bridge pannel inside indeisgn active.

Hope this helps!!!

• 2. Re: Mini Bridge is Gone in CS6 on my machine

Not in the least. I'm talking about the installation of CS6 that was working last week and is missing now.

• 3. Re: Mini Bridge is Gone in CS6 on my machine
              MW Design Level 4

Did you install from a disc or download? I don't have access to my computers right now, but is there a repair function in the terrifically named uninstall panel in windows?

Mike

• 4. Re: Mini Bridge is Gone in CS6 on my machine
                Ellis home Level 4

Peter, if it helps, I see an Adobe Mini Bridge CS6 file in C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\adobe\Adobe Mini Bridge CS6. I'm on Vista. The file contains two XML docs: IDSN.xml and PHXS.xml.

• 5. Re: Mini Bridge is Gone in CS6 on my machine

@ Mike, from Download. I was hoping not to have to g through a reinstall, but that's the next step.

@ Ellis, anything inthe Roamind directory is strictly user files. I'm missing the whole mini bridge program.

• 6. Re: Mini Bridge is Gone in CS6 on my machine

Since no better answer has come along, I spent an hour this morning reinstalling ID and Photoshop -- from the installer, Windows add/remove does not seem to have a repair for CS6 -- in order to be sure that both programs and bridge would be reinstalled. Seems to have cured a csxs update failure that's been going on for a month, too, which may have been the source of the loss of mini bridge. In an attempt to correct that I had downloaded and reinstalled the application manager from the Exchange as directed in the knowledgebase around the same time I last used mini bridge.

• 7. Re: Mini Bridge is Gone in CS6 on my machine
                      MW Design Level 4

yeah, I use electronic download for almost all my software but for the company I beta tested for I would get a comp DVD. Only the DVD installs of their software has the repair function in Windows... which what prompted me ta ask about the disc issue. (Not implying you are a betazoid for adobe.)

Glad it also fixed another issue. You should mark your reply as the answer.

Mike

• 8. Re: Mini Bridge is Gone in CS6 on my machine

I did mark it, right after posting. Not showing up for you?

Interesting that the downloaded versions don't have a repair, but the disks do. Are you sure that's true and it isn't just a change for CS6? I didn't think there was supposed to be a difference in the installers.

• 9. Re: Mini Bridge is Gone in CS6 on my machine
                          MW Design Level 4

Heh heh...I was using my phone (now on the 'puter). The contrast was weak and I just fast-scrolled to hit the bottom to see your post. When I went back to the post lising I saw the green indicator but as my phone cannot edit a post (tells me I am using an unsupported browser, which neither Chrome nor Opera mobile browsers can edit but can post...I was being lazy).

All the non-Adobe software I have installed using an electronic download do not put the repair function in Windows. All the non-Adobe software I install using a DVD do put the repair function in Windows, even the same titles as the download versions.

Because I only have downloaded Adobe software for a while (and all I presently have installed are downloads), I don't now if the Adobe physical media puts the repair function in Windows' Uninstall screen or not. Sorry.

Take care, Mike

• 10. Re: Mini Bridge is Gone in CS6 on my machine
                            MW Design Level 4

BTW, I was told by the company I was beta testing for that the inclusion of the repair function is omitted because people generally archive their download versions and the repair function would fail if it were moved or if a HD clean-up removed the hidden folders used for the actual installs.

Man, I am glad I am out of the beta program. A lot of work that produces frustration in me as I see logged, confirmed bugs remain in the published products.

Mike