Anyone using APN on their AIR for iOS apps? I hopefully have a basic question.
If I enable APN on an app, do I need to regenerate my main iOS Distribution cert (the .p12 you sign your app with)?
I'm hoping not and I really see no reason why that would be the case. However my app simply refuses to use APN.
Just to be clear my process was this:
- Enable production APN on an existing (2 year old) app ID (non-wildcard)
- Generate a production APN .cer
- Deleted old mobileprovision
- Recreated a brand new mobileprovision, pointing to the Distribution cert and the correct app ID
- Generated .p12 from production APN .cer and provided to pushwoosh (who I use for pushes), success
- Submitted app to store (peeked in payload embedded.mobileprovision, aps-environment set to production)
App accepted in the store. I load it up on the iPad, it doesn't ask for permission to use notifications. No devices ever are registering themselves. Push doesn't work overall.
I deleted everything except the iOS Distribution cert and app Id (of course), revoking everything I could. I then remade it all again, but this time as ad-hoc just to test. Push still doesn't work.
Now, I developed the app and test on a completely different Apple developer account (my own). I did all these same exact steps. Push works perfectly fine in ad-hoc. I'm really totally confused why it works perfectly for me but when I try to sign with this other companies certs it fails, and they have OTHER apps with APN that work. The last remaining link is if I really need to regen the main iOS Distribution cert, and if I do, all the team developers will need a new .p12. That would be insane just to enable APN.
Any other ideas?
Thanks for any tips!