7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 10, 2013 4:48 PM by brutha1209 RSS

ActionScript keeps guides visible in Flash CC

brutha1209 Community Member

Hey Everyone,

Has anyone else noticed that when you Guide a layer in Flash CC (a camera guide for animation for example) the Guided layer is still part of a sequence export?

It seems to only work with Actionscript 1 or 2 which are both no longer supported in CC.

I still have more digging to do and will update discussion....

Mark

• 1. Re: ActionScript keeps guides visible in Flash CC
          kglad MVP

what do you mean by, ".. a sequence export"?

• 2. Re: ActionScript keeps guides visible in Flash CC

A sequence is when you export a movie as a jpg or png sequence...an image for each frame..

This happens on still images as well. The gist is you can export a guided layer using ActionScript 1.0 and the guide will not appear on the image exported out of Flash. I still need to test AS 2...

But CC, if I am not mistaken will not support 1 or 2. I made a guided layer in CC using AC 3 and the layer that was guided appeared on the exported image...

M

• 3. Re: ActionScript keeps guides visible in Flash CC

Again, i still need to do some more testing, but this is the initial outcome using guided layers and CC and AS 3

• 4. Re: ActionScript keeps guides visible in Flash CC
                kglad MVP

i see that problem, too.  i'll report the bug.

in the mean time, you can use a motion tween and edit the tween path.

• 5. Re: ActionScript keeps guides visible in Flash CC

Unfortunately not. This really bites as I was awating the fix of the fl.quit() bug- which CC fixed and now with this guide issue all exports include the guide layer. Which means no migrating to CC any time soon...We will forever live in the CS 5.5 and less world..

In the animmation world guides are used for Camera Guides defining action/title safe etc...director notes, etc..a real help to have within the FLA but not part of the final output. But i am sure this is effecting all industry as Adobe completly changed the workings of the guide layer. Really poor Q/C if you ask me. I understand new features having issues, but Adobe breaks old, tested and true features with every update.

Is there any chance that a hotfix may resolve this issue?

M

• 6. Re: ActionScript keeps guides visible in Flash CC
                    dharmk Adobe Employee

I see the same behavior with an AS3 document in CS6 also. However, the behavior of AS2 vs AS3 document is different as you pointed out.

Your problem can be solved though by hiding the guide layer before export. Can you please try and let us know if it works for you?

-Dharmendra.

• 7. Re: ActionScript keeps guides visible in Flash CC

We can rewrite our code to deal with this..but we are not out of the woods..Anyone who created some type of automation using anythng but CC will be running into the ActionScript prompt and kills the automation. just as I thought we were good,this prompt comes up. With no option to stop the prompt. With the thousand of FLAS created with version CS6 and less we are looking at once again adjusting code due to Flash advances.

If you have any solution other than manually changing THOUSANDS of FLA's to AS 3 that would be greatly appreciated. Due to the fl.quit() error and now this AS3 issue, we cannot use anything beyond CS5.5.

Mark