4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2013 5:58 PM by marie2709

Icons gone!

marie2709

My old icons are gone on my psd files and such. Now they got a paint icon on them... How can I change this to photoshop cc so that I can actually see what kind of files they are...

• 1. Re: Icons gone!
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Hi Marie and welcome to the forum.  You have lost your file associations.  If you are on Windows, right click any of those files and chose Open With > Chose Photoshop from the list, and click to check Always use this option (or whatever it says.  If you are a Mac user, then do whatever the equivalent of the above is.

[EDIT]  Have a look at this thread if you still have problems

• 2. Re: Icons gone!
            marie2709 Level 1

I've tried that. But when I right click and press open to search for photoshop as the standard, nothing happens. I press the adobe icon but nothing changes. It just stays the same :/

• 3. Re: Icons gone!
              Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Have you looked at the thread I linked to?

• 4. Re: Icons gone!
                marie2709 Level 1

Where did this person locate this? Where do I go?

I found a key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Applications\Photoshop.exe\shell\op en\command

This key was set to the path for Photoshop CS6 when it should have been set to Photoshop CC.

In other words, in my case, it was set to:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe" "%1"

When I changed the CS6 to a CC, in other words, so the whole key reads:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe" "%1"