0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2013 10:12 PM by UlfLaursen

ASUS P9X79Pro, BIOS Question on default boot device

UlfLaursen Level 2

Hi

I was wondering if someone here with the same MB model might be able to help me out, maybe Harm, allthough AFAIR you have the WS model of the P9X79.

I have a PC where I have build in a HDD caddy to be able to boot from different HDD's/SSD's depending on OS annd applications.

Obviously it is the same connector on the board used every time I switch, but a different disc inside the caddy of course.

I can set the bios to boot on one disc, a seagate for example, but as soon as I shut down and switch to another disc, a WD for example, I have to press F8 for boot options and select the WD disc manually, allthough the WD disc also is named "P0:".

So my question is: is it possible to tell the bios to boot from "P0" at default every time, instead of choosing a different disc, or is there one connector on the MB which is default always?

I use this setup on another PC with an old Intel board, and it works just great, so when I installed the same on the one with the ASUS board, I just assumed that it would work.

Thanks.

Ulf