5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2013 7:40 AM by hpg1

Photoshop CC Custom Panels

hpg1 Level 1

I have a few action sets from CS6 that came with custom panels that were installed after the actions were loaded using the Adobe Extension Manager for CS6.  Can these panels be installed for CC?  Is there an extension manager that will do the install, and if so how does one access it?

Thanks.

Howard

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC Custom Panels
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

Not really my thing, but I think it is done with Configurator, and CC does not yet support it.   But the Trevor Morris (great name )  Dmonztools panel works fine with Photoshop CC.  I found the 'Dmonztools - Trevor Morris Scipts.zxp file I'd DL'd for CS6 way back > Double clicked it which opened up Extension manager CC, enabled it for Photoshop CC, and there it was ready to go.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Photoshop CC Custom Panels
            vinsolo Level 3

I had a similar problem.

Open Adobe extension manager CC. It will allow you to select a file to load.

Select the .ZXP panel (it is in the PRESETS>panels folder in your PS13.x ) and allow ext mgr to load it. takes a few minutes.

I hope this helps.

vince

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC Custom Panels
              Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

Just to add that the Adobe Extension Manager CC is an optional download/install now. 

To get it you can use the Adobe Creative Cloud manager (if that's the right wording)

and look for Extension Manager CC

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Photoshop CC Custom Panels
                Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

From what I have seen so far with CC, if you try to invoke an uninstalled app, AAM opens up and starts the Install.  I mentioned yesterday that after Installing Photoshop CC and while waiting for the others to DL, I got annoyed that they had changed the Ctrl Alt o shortcut from toggling Bridge into opening the AAM.  Of course, Bridge was not installed at that point, the AAM was being helpful trying to rectify that situation.

• 5. Re: Photoshop CC Custom Panels
                  hpg1 Level 1

Thansk very much everyone.  What I stupidly hadn't realized is that with CC the Extension Manager was a separate download.  Shoulda' thought of that since I also hadn't realized that Beidge CC was  separate.  Anyway, now that I download EM CC all I needed to do was to right click the custom panel file and say open with Extension Manager CC and all installed properly.

Thanks again.

Howard