3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2013 3:06 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

cs6 selection tool

smithdc

I have downloaded a trial version of cs6 and for some reason i can't see the marching ants when i make a selection, i can use the marquee tools and draw the selection, and the marching ants are there,but as soon as i let go of the mouse the ants  dissapear, i have tried clicking and unclicking the selection edges in view but that makes no difference.

• 1. Re: cs6 selection tool
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

Could you please post a screenshot with the Options Bar visible?

Could you have set the Tool to »Subtract from Selection«?

• 2. Re: cs6 selection tool
            smithdc Level 1

I have tried adding to selection and subtracting from it as well, but can't get it to work, it all worked ok with cs5 no bother.ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 22 10.52.jpg

• 3. Re: cs6 selection tool
              c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

You have set the Tool to »New Selection«, so I don’t know what the issue is.

Just to make sure: After you have dragged out the Marquee is Select > Deselect grayed out?

In case of mysterious issues you could always try trashing prefs by pressing command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift while starting Photoshop until the appropriate dialog appears after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed.