2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2013 5:05 PM by mike_ottinger

CQ5.6 and pptx parsing with Tika

mike_ottinger

Hi Folks,

Simple issue really; any powerpoint documents (ppt and pptx) that I attempt to parse with tika (version 1.3.0.r1436209 according to Felix) within CQ5.6 gives the following:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/openxmlformats/schemas/drawingml/x2006/main/CTBlipFillProperties

at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.XSLFPowerPointExtractorDecorator.extractContent(XS LFPowerPointExtractorDecorator.java:152)

at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.XSLFPowerPointExtractorDecorator.buildXHTML(XSLFPo werPointExtractorDecorator.java:79)

at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.AbstractOOXMLExtractor.getXHTML(AbstractOOXMLExtra ctor.java:105)

at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.OOXMLExtractorFactory.parse(OOXMLExtractorFactory. java:112)

at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.ooxml.OOXMLParser.parse(OOXMLParser.java:82)

at org.apache.tika.parser.CompositeParser.parse(CompositeParser.java:242)

at org.apache.tika.parser.AutoDetectParser.parse(AutoDetectParser.java:120)

at org.apache.tika.parser.ParsingReader$ParsingTask.run(ParsingReader.java:221)

My code for parsing is pretty straightforward:

AutoDetectParser parser = new AutoDetectParser();

Metadata metadata = new Metadata();

metadata.set(Metadata.RESOURCE_NAME_KEY, asset.getName());

// stream comes from the asset's original rendition stream

parser.parse(stream, contentHandler, metadata, new ParseContext());

Is there another approach I should take with parsing PPTs?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: CQ5.6 and pptx parsing with Tika
          Jörg Hoh Adobe Employee

The org.openxml package is provided not by Tika, but by the "com.adobe.granite.poi" wrapper package. As exporting packages I see these:

org.openxmlformats.schemas.officeDocument.x2006.customProperties,version=1.1.0

org.openxmlformats.schemas.officeDocument.x2006.extendedProperties,version=1.1.0

org.openxmlformats.schemas.presentationml.x2006.main,version=1.1.0

org.openxmlformats.schemas.wordprocessingml.x2006.main,version=1.1.0

looks like the org.openxmlformats.schemas.dawingml packages are missing. Can you fill a Daycare and ask for the inclusion of these packages?

(As temporary workaround you can create a wrapping OSGI bundle for these libs and deploy it to Felix.)

Jörg

• 2. Re: CQ5.6 and pptx parsing with Tika
            mike_ottinger Level 1

Thanks Jörg, I'll get a DayCare ticket out and I'll wrap the artifact myself.

Thanks again!