- Make sure your device and your computer are on the same network.
- Make sure you aren't on VPN
- Temporarily turn off any firewall software on your computer.
- Make sure port 7682 is not being used by any other software or by any network configuration.
- Click the manual connection button in Edge Inspect on your device. Enter just the IP address alone rather than putting a protocol in front of it.
Give that a try and let me know how it goes,
Hey Mark, thanks for your reply. It worked by entering the IP but for some reason only for external URL's. If I have to browse to a local page on http://127.0.0.1:8888/MyPage on chrome for example or http://127.0.0.1:8889/ it does not show it. Is there a reason for this? It completely ignores it when I change to the local tab from a live one yet when flicking between live page tabs it is instant.
- The Edge Inspect Android and iOS apps can only load pages from a web server. Do you have a web server running on your machine? If so what is it? Do you have it configured to serve up pages outside your machine? On OSX you could use MAMP or set up web sharing: http://www.macinstruct.com/node/112
- When you use the http://127.0.0.1:8888 URL, do you see the page properly in Chrome?
- What happens if you use http://localhost:8888, does that work any differently?
- Try accessing your web server from another computer on the same network using your computer's IP address. Does that work?
Thanks for your swift replies Mark, apologies as things have been stupidly busy and I temporary uploaded my website as I was unable to view it with Edge Inspect. I think that the issue is not Edge Inspect but Magento. I do not know if you are familiar with the platform.
I have tried the following combinations:
http://127.0.0.1:8888 Works in Chrome BUT NOT Edge Inspect
http://127.0.0.1:8888/WordpressSite Works in Chrome BUT NOT Edge Inspect
http://127.0.0.1:8888/Magento Works in Chrome BUT NOT Edge Inspect
http://localhost:8888/ Works in Chrome BUT NOT Edge Inspect
http://localhost:8888/WordpressSite Works in Chrome BUT NOT Edge Inspect
http://localhost:8888/magento Works in Chrome BUT NOT Edge Inspect
http://192.168.0.39/ Works in Chrome and Edge Inspect
http://192.168.0.39/~User/ Works in Chrome and Edge Inspect
http://192.168.0.39/magento DOES NOT Work in Chrome AND Edge Inspect (The requested URL /magento was not found on this server.)
Web sharing is all set up as pet MAC OSX ver 10.7.5 instructions. I tried turning the firewall off and on and no change.
I hope you have enought info.
I'm really not familiar with Magento, but a quick search found this... http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16548051/how-can-i-access-mamp-pro-sites-through-adobe- edge-inspect-without-using-my-ip-a He has a workaround in there, though it's not ideal.
Did you try #4 from above? If you don't have another computer, just use the native browser on your device and try browsing to http://192.168.0.39/magento Basically, if that doesn't work in the native browser then Edge Inspect can't work with your local site either. Try checking the magento docs and see if you can change a configuration to allow external access to your local site.
Let me know how it goes,
I have an exactly same problem.
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Mac OS X 10.9.3
- Using MAMP
iPhone 5C works perfectly fine, but not this Android machine.