5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2013 7:34 PM by gener7

Why are the transformation controls lines dotted?

ImBill44

I downloaded a trial of Adobe Photoshop CC and when I started it up I noticed these dotted lines on the transformation control lines. I sure it's not a new feature because I did not see this in videos of people using Photoshop CC. My computer also meets all the requirements for the application and it runs really smoothly. This really bugs me because it glitches sometimes too. If anyone could help me out on this, I would really appreciate it.

Here are images of the problem:

http://i.imgur.com/fGVGh59.png

http://i.imgur.com/w0Hrzas.png

• 1. Re: Why are the transformation controls lines dotted?
          gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Can you supply some basic info about your system? Go to Help > System Info and just copy and paste everything down to the video card memory.

Standard advice is to go to the manufacturer of your video card and install the latest drivers.

Sometimes a system is too old to handle the video demands of Photoshop CC.  512-1024 MB Vram are the new requirements.

My 2008 Toshiba shows those "skid marks" when I move a marquee selection.

Gene

• 2. Re: Why are the transformation controls lines dotted?
            ImBill44 Level 1

Here is my system info:

Version - 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

OS Manufacturer - Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer - Dell Inc.

System Model - Inspiron N5030

System Type - x64-based PC

Processor - Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU       T4500  @ 2.30GHz, 2300 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date - Dell Inc. A02, 13/09/2010

SMBIOS Version - 2.4

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) - 3.00 GB

Total Physical Memory - 2.96 GB

Available Physical Memory - 1.00 GB

Total Virtual Memory - 8.96 GB

Available Virtual Memory - 6.70 GB

Page File Space - 6.00 GB

• 3. Re: Why are the transformation controls lines dotted?

Ok, you have an Intel Graphics card.  Go to the Intel site and see if you have driver updates for this card.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

Beyond that, I can suggest looking at your GPU settings under Edit > Preferences > Performance in Photoshop. Click on "Advanced" and dial down the settings to Normal or Basic. You can also uncheck the GPU option to see if it helps.

Basically the Intel 4500 is a few years old and may not work well for CC. You might go with CS6 until you get a newer system.

Gene

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Why are the transformation controls lines dotted?
                ImBill44 Level 1

I updated my drivers, but it still did not work and the "Drawning Mode" is greyed out for me. But, you're right that my video card is old and I am going to go back to CS6. Anyways, thanks for the help, I really appreciated it.

• 5. Re: Why are the transformation controls lines dotted?

As my brother once said when a piece of software failed to install because his system was too old, he said the error message should read: "Need more money."

Good luck,

Gene