37 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2013 11:46 AM by marksamson1234

Losing quality with images when I import them into Premiere cs5

marksamson1234

I am creating a video using a series of stills. I originally imported them as png's. I noticed that the images where degraded when they appeared in the timeline, and thought they would come out clear and crisp when I exported. But they remained the same quality in the export as they did in the timeline. I tried replacing the png's with other files and nothing seemed to import nicely, except when I converted the png's to PSD and imported the PSD's. The PSD's looked perfect in the timeline, until I rendered the timeline. And then immediately they degraded. I tried exporting just to see if it would produce a better result and it did not. I also noticed that the titles are degraded in the export as well.

I've gone through a bunch of forums and haven't seen an answer to my issue. My guess at this point is that it was something to do with interlacing or "fields", but I honestly don't know jack about that stuff. Should I be working in a different sequence preset? If so, which would be best for importing PNG's, or PSD's (RGB) as stills?

The goal here is to fix my current sequence and improve the quality of the stills in it. I would prefer not starting over

Specs:

General

Editing mode: HDV 1080p

Timebase: 29.97fps

Video Settings

Frame size: 1440h 1080v (1.3333)

Frame rate: 29.97 frames/second

Pixel Aspect Ratio: HD Anamorphic 1080 (1.333)

Fields: No Fields (Progressive Scan)

Audio Settings

Sample rate: 48000 samples/second

Default Sequence

Total video tracks: 3

Master track type: Stereo

Mono tracks: 0

Stereo tracks: 3

5.1 tracks: 0

Submix mono tracks: 0

Submix stereo tracks: 0

Submix 5.1 tracks: 0

Export Spec:

1280x1080  29.97, progressive, quality 100, dvcpro hd 1080p30

render at maximum depth

optimize stills

----

I honestly don't know what the right export setting is, i'm just looking for something that produces a high def result. I know that my project framerate is 30 fps, so it should probably be exported for 30 fps.

Any help on this would be great. I've gone pretty much to the far corners of the internet and have found nothing of real help.