11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2016 10:03 AM by JimH430

Choppy and laggy scrolling in Filebrowser (CC)

mat0r

Hi,

I'm using Dreamweaver CC and the file browsser is so choppy and laggy when I scroll it move slike 2 fps and jumps 30 folders at once.

Terrible performance Adobe since such a long time. You had that problem with CS6 already and scrolling was always pretty slow. I have patience and I like your products but you should fix that.

Can I unsubscribe my Account because the software dosent workt proper ?

Greetings

• 1. Re: Choppy and laggy scrolling in Filebrowser (CC)
          bgupta16 Adobe Employee

Hi mat0r,

Which OS are you working on? What is the configuration of the computer?

I too have DW CS6 and CC both installed on my machine and the file browser/panel is working fine on them.

I will appreciate if you can attach a video or snapshot of the issue.

Regards

Bhawna

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Choppy and laggy scrolling in Filebrowser (CC)
            tyrell corp. Level 1

same issue here.  laggy overall in file browser and code window.  big delays when clicking to open folders in file browser as well.  not a new issue for me in dw, but worse it's ever been with cc.

mac os x 10.8.5

dw cc 13.1

macmini - 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

8gb ram

• 3. Re: Choppy and laggy scrolling in Filebrowser (CC)
              tyrell corp. Level 1

also just noticed that my cpu jumps to 88% when scrolling in the filebrowser (no files open in code view).  seeing this in activity monitor on mac.  when i stop scrolling, it jumps back down to like 20%.

Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 8.24.05 PM.png

• 4. Re: Choppy and laggy scrolling in Filebrowser (CC)
                vharis Level 4

Hi Guys , Thank you for reporting , we are aware of this issue which has been there since CS6 and investigating on this .

I will keep you guys posted on this

• 5. Re: Choppy and laggy scrolling in Filebrowser (CC)
                  MirekMM

Hi, vharis. Please what is the status? My DW is really unsuable i tryed reinstall, clean cache, move files on SSD...but DW is really laggy in filebrowser, in opening files, and in code. I am really frustrated by this because it is a very long time for me.

Dou you have some info about progress of "repairing" this bug?

• 6. Re: Choppy and laggy scrolling in Filebrowser (CC)
                    Guy Lev Level 1

For me as well - My CC is really laggy in code view!

Need help urgently !!!!

Working on Windows 8

• 7. Re: Choppy and laggy scrolling in Filebrowser (CC)
                      BITESBITER Level 1

"we are aware of this issue which has been there since CS6 and investigating on this"

I experience this same slow behavior in and since Dreamweaver CS 5.5 and it forced me to use Aptana Studio 3 and Sublime text 3 next to it.

Any large project or framework like Bootstrap or Foundation slows everything down and makes me waiting for 30 seconds to open a simple file or scroll up or down and in the other named IDE's it takes seconds.

Smaller projects are only a bit faster!

This on two top of the range xenon 8 cores Windows 7 computers with 64 one 16 gig and the other one 24 gig internal memory.

And no it's not a virus!

I have reported this in the past!

• 8. Re: Choppy and laggy scrolling in Filebrowser (CC)
                        MirekMM Level 1

I am not sure with this which you typed.

I have this problem on my mac, i have this issue with small and big problems and i dont have this issue before updating to CC, CS6 works normally. Not fast but normally, CC is absolutely lagg as 10FPS 3D game...

• 9. Re: Choppy and laggy scrolling in Filebrowser (CC)
                          tyrell corp. Level 1

noticed that changing preferences > fonts > code view to monaco seemed to help a bit.  who knows why.

here are a few other posts outlining similar issues.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5765922#5765922

• 10. Re: Choppy and laggy scrolling in Filebrowser (CC)
                            vharis Level 4

@MIrekMM - Sorry for the inconvenience , I understand your predicament .We are working on a fix for the performance issue in DW CC .

Large number of lines of code - say 6k-8k lines of code causes DW to get considerably slow when working in Code , this may be your case as well . Please bear with us until an update with a fix is made available .

We will announce the release date on the forum as soon as the official announcement about the update is made by our Product Management.

• 11. Re: Choppy and laggy scrolling in Filebrowser (CC)
                              JimH430 Level 1

Mac Pro - 12 Core -  64 GB RAM - 1 TB SSD drive - Sierra 10.12.1

Dreamweaver CC: 2017 - Build 9315

I actually thought this was a little faster than the precious version of CC 2015, particularly when I Refresh the page after fixing some code. It use to take forever when I would hit the Refresh button, but now it's almost instantly updated. Prior to this version for me, using the Function 5 key was the only way to get it to Refresh quickly.

But I just noticed, in Split View (which is what I operate in most of the time) when I grab the Scroll Slider tab/button on the side of a page, and try to scroll down or up, most of the time it doesn't move at all,  but occasionally it takes about 5 to 10 seconds for the page to move. I can click in the scroll column and jump to a spot, but I basically can't scroll using the scroll slider. Just to be clear - the slider will move, but the page will not.

It will scroll correctly if I use my Magic Track Pad (with the mouse within the page), but using the mouse to grab the slider is pretty much broken.