7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2018 12:03 PM by MickeyMarie0981

Divide Scanned Photo

stavsky

How come the Divide Scanned Photo is inactive in my newly downloaded Photoshop Elements?

• 1. Re: Divide Scanned Photo
          ukgaurav Adobe Employee

Navigate to Expert mode and try once. BY default it is Quick mode and some menu items are disabled here.

Thanks,

Garry

• 2. Re: Divide Scanned Photo
            99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You need to have your scanned page showing in the main edit window in Expert Mode then you can click the menu:

Image >> Divide Scanned Photos

• 3. Re: Divide Scanned Photo
              carined93459562

Thanks for your tip of switching to Expert mode in order to divide scanned photos.  Worked great!

• 4. Re: Divide Scanned Photo
                JoeChalmers1 Level 1

My PSE 15 in expert mode does process the full group image but does not divide it. Tried with many different photo groups. Help!

• 5. Re: Divide Scanned Photo
                  MickeyMarie0981

Im having the same issue. I just scanned all my photos digital to "preserve" them and because there was so many, I scanned multiples at the same time. I dont really want to have to go and rescan all of those eating up hard drive space and time. If anyone can help, PLEASE?!!

• 6. Re: Divide Scanned Photo
                    jp1776 Level 1

There is a way to "salvage" your existing work.  In Editor, select one of the photos that contains multiple pictures that were scanned together.  Use the "Crop" tool to select one of the photos and save it with a new filename.  Do the same for each of the other images.  As long as you preserve the original "multiple picture" scan, you can return to it later if you find a more sophisticated method to separate the pictures.  I have used this procedure and it does work.  For future scans, your scanning software may allow you to scan multiple images and let Elements Editor separate them.  Select one and choose "Divide Multiple Photos" from the "Image" tool at the top of the Editor screen.  I have not tried to separate multiple images from a previously saved photo but it may work and would save you a lot of time "cropping" to separate them.  I am using a dedicated Canon CanoScan 8800 flatbed scanner, that I purchased many years ago, that came bundled with Elements 5...the scanning software that came with it was great...allowing multiple high quality scans that were automatically separated.  I upgraded to PS15 with a new computer but, unfortunately. the scanner is "not compatible with Windows 10".   Although it really does work...it only provides 600 dpi resolution with just two 4x6 color prints. Hope this helps.

1 person found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Divide Scanned Photo
                      MickeyMarie0981 Level 1

Thank you. A lot of work but worth it. Thanks so much