1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 16, 2007 2:44 PM by sveilien20x6

not able to stop movie...

cpbittner
      I have a movie created in Captivate, and exported to Flash 8, within the Flash 8 movie I added custom control buttons. But the stop() command is not working, the movie continues playing even though I have tried and confirmed various targetPaths, and my path is correct. _level0.stop(); Any ideas why?
        • 1. Re: not able to stop movie...
          sveilien20x6
          Ok, I got it to work, WOOHOO!!

These are the instructions for pausing and play Captivate 3 SWFs (which uses its own "skin" preloader and playbar) through your own FLA.

First here are the command controls for externally manipulating Captivate SWFs:
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------
          rdcmndPrevious
          set to 1 to go previous slide

rdcmndNextSlide
          set to 1 to go to next slide

rdcmndPause
          set to 1 to pause the project

rdcmndResume
          set to 1 to resume showing a paused project

rdcmndRewindAndStop
          set to 1 to rewind and stop the project

rdcmndRewindAndPlay
          rset to 1 to rewind and play the project

rdcmndGotoFrame|
          go to a specific frame
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------

1. Create a Movie to be a loader for the Captivate SWF and give it an instance name (CapLoader for this example)

2. Add AS to load the Captivate Skin SWF:

_root.CapLoader.loadMovie("name and directory of the Cap SWF Skin file);

3. Create a button to control the Captivate SWF

4. To pause the Cap SWF, give the button you created the following AS:

on(release){
          _root.CapLoader.cpSkinLoader_mc.rdcmndPause = 1;
          }

5. To Play the Cap SWF, give the button a separate state with the following AS:

on(release){
          _root.CapLoader.cpSkinLoader_mc.rdcmndResume = 1;
          }

That's it!

Note 2 things:
          1. Make sure the rdcmndResume and rdcmndPause have the "R" and the "P" as capital letters.
          2: Don't forget the "cpSkinLoader_mc" in the target path when passing the commands to the instance that contains the LoadMovie for the Captivate SWF.

YAY!
          -Dave