4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2013 9:11 AM by the_wine_snob

Library videos

nattate Level 1

I am looking for a library system to cataloge video clips, has anyone used elements for this purpose

• 1. Re: Library videos
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What is it you need that the Elements Organizer doesn't provide?

• 2. Re: Library videos
            nattate Level 1

I work for a company where we produce terabyte's of video training clips, for later use, we have out takes and extra footage (H.264, WMV, .MOV, aiff, AVI etc). These videos are used for training and will be re-edited when needed. I need the library on our server so it can be accessed by our team. I am not familiar with Elements Organizer, can it provide the following:

1. Date shot

2. Clip topic and title

3. Length of clip

4. file format

5. Tracking number

6. Key word search

7. Video content Description

• 3. Re: Library videos
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You should check it out. It's included with Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements.

And, yes, it does allow searches and management of your media files based on lots of metadata -- both metadata included on the video itself and metadata, like keywords, people, places, events, etc, that you can  add manually.

Strangely, the one thing it doesn't do is list your movie by the date it was shot. Rather, it lists it according to the date it was saved to your hard drive.

But it's still worth checking out. It's designed to do exactly what you're looking for a program to do.

• 4. Re: Library videos
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Though I have Organizer, and Adobe Bridge (sort of like Organizer on steroids, but only included in the CS 6 versions of Adobe programs, like Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and a few more), I rely most often on ThumbsPlus, from Cerious Software (www.cerious.com). They have a new version, that touts full network support, but not sure exactly how robust that option is. I have used this program since their version 2, and find it to do all that I want. My network is only a peer-to-peer, so cannot comment on how well it will, or will not, work in your exact networked environment.

Good luck,

Hunt