4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2013 4:39 PM by elainecc

Lining up objects on easein

akall

I'm creating an animation of a magic 8 ball rolling towards the screen, getting larger as it comes forward. Now that the animation is complete, I would like to put it on an ease path to make the motnion look more realistic. Unfortunatley, when an easein is set for the 8 ball, it will skew the shapes, and everythign sort of flies off in all directions and then lands back where it should be at the end.

Is there a fix for this? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 12.58.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-06-24 at 12.58.40 PM.png

How it looks with an easein during the animation, and how I would like it to look during the animation.

• 1. Re: Lining up objects on easein
          akall Level 1

Just curious if anyone has a fix to this. We'd really like to be able to publish this animation, a lot of time has already been put into it and we don't want to scrap the idea! Thanks

• 2. Re: Lining up objects on easein
            jbowden Adobe Employee

Hi there,

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the problem. Any chance you could post an example file showing it, and link to it here?

Thanks,

Joe

• 3. Re: Lining up objects on easein
              akall Level 1

Sure Joe,

Here's the link to the files.

http://assets.ordienetworks.com.s3.amazonaws.com/the_occasional/8test4.zip

As you can see, when you play the animation the shapes sort of fly off on a curve, and land where they should have stayed. It's hard to explain!!

If you put all the objects on a linear easein, then there is no problem, but...there is also no curve, which we wanted to use to make the ball appear to roll slower in the distance, and faster in the foreground.

• 4. Re: Lining up objects on easein
                elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, akall-

What you're seeing is as expected given the setup of your file.

When you apply the easing, you're applying it to each individual transition (between each diamond) individually.  Think about it this way - for your eightmark5, you're essentially starting from slow and moving to fast every half second to second.  But for ballblockerlol, your animation has the same function applied over a much longer period of time.

You can try it this way - make your 8 ball and all its assets into a symbol.  Set your ballblockerlol animation to your required easing first and then make everything else sync to it. Finally, resize the symbol instance in your required easing on the main timeline.

Hopefully that points you in the right direction.

Thanks,

-Elaine

1 person found this helpful