2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2013 1:53 PM by JJMack

Upgrade to the last master cs6? subscribe to cloud cc? or find a new job?

graphicdesigner916 Level 1

What are most graphic designers doing now: upgrade to the last master cs6? subscribe to cloud cc? use alternative photo and design program? or just change career?

• 1. Re: Upgrade to the last master cs6? subscribe to cloud cc? or find a new job?
          MW Design Level 5

Got customers using CC you have to exchange files with? If not, CS6 will be servicable for some time.

Mike

• 2. Re: Upgrade to the last master cs6? subscribe to cloud cc? or find a new job?
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I think the casual Photoshop user and small business that only use Photoshop will be better off staying  with CS6.  For it does what they need and it will be less disruptive then CC.

Adobe will be updating CC adding new features changing old features and user interfaces as well as adding new bugs.  All done automatically through the cloud. Thus what Adobe does can disrupt your work and work-flow.  Your not in control if you allow automatic updates. There also does not seem to be a way to blackout updates. You may need to create a system backup before applying Adobe updates.

I rather like having that calm period between major updates in the past and being able to update on my schedule not Adobe's.

Adobe also only fixes bugs Adobe feels needs to be fixed. Adobe let what I consider major bugs survive release after release.

CC is also a trap once in the is no real way out.