• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Double Adobe Updaters in my menubar, can't disable old one…

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the new creative cloud menu item on my Mac. This is fine.

I also have the old adobe cs6 updater menu item on my mac. Normally I just open the CS6 Adobe Application Manager and disable it.

However if you try to open this file, it opens the new creative cloud updater, which OBVIOUSLY has no option to turn off this infernal old Adobe menu…

Help how can I get the double menu bar out now, that Adobe takes over the old app?

Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 4.59.14 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you log out and back in then the notification should be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it doesn't stay gone. The old CS6 menu came back when I woke up my computer.

Can somebody at Adobe please help. Even if I have to force delete the CS6 updater from my computer. I want the icon gone from my menu bar even if it means I won't be old to update Adobe CS6 software in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you applied the updates which you are being notified of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't solve it… this however did… This is a workaround fix for anyone else with the same problem:

Choose Help>Updates… from Photoshop. Then choose preferences from the updater.

It will allow you back into the old updater…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest CC update released June 18, 2014. Logging out does not work. Trying to get into the old updater preferences via Photoshop doesn't work either. Does someone from Adobe have the correct fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larslevie1 restarting your computer should remove the notification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trick appears to be logging out/logging back in from CC menu, it updates CC menu software, removes Adobe Updater. So far so good…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it didn't solve it...

However, if you have been using Adobe CC since it came out in June or early July,

just need to update "Creative Cloud" that is on the menu bar.

I realized taht you need to log out and log in Creative Cloud will give you a update warning of "Creative Cloud" update)

Then the icon will disappear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread, but I had the same issue. Solved by removing an old version of Acrobat Pro. If you get the old Adobe updater icon as well as the CC one, make sure you remove / update any older apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo! Thank you jayvee_uk. Same problem, same solution. Worked like a charm. I had an old version (X) of Acrobat. Uninstalled. Problem fixed. I did have to restart CC, but all good now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2015 May 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, I posted an updated guide to remove the adobe updater from the OS X menu bar with creative cloud:

Remove the Adobe Updater from Your Menu Bar - Jeff Reifman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to use your guide except when I click on the updates... button in photoshop I just get directed to creative cloud. I have yet to figure out a way to launch adobe updater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2015 Sep 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too. This is frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It showed up for me again recently, I have an install of Premiere Pro CS6 which needed updating. Updated that and it vanished again.

Make sure you update older Adobe software and it should disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an elegant option if you are still using Fireworks which has no CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines