12 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2013 1:21 PM by valentindascalita RSS

50i footage best workflow for progressive output (web/youtube) / deinterlace

valentindascalita Community Member

Hello

The reason I have to work with interlaced footage is that the clips are edited for a TV show as well.

I (usualy) get 1080i @ 50fps clips with fast-paced movement of camera & inside the shot (subject) - car racing.

Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro 5.5

I am struggling with some stutter & sharpness loss & thin interlaced lines (even after exporting as progressive).

The current workflow is:

- importing inside an AVCHD - 1920x1080 @ 50i sequence

- edit

- export as h264 - 1920x1080 @ 25P /Constrant Bit Rate @ 10MB

Results not that great : while the smoothness of motion is preserved there is a visible drop in details quality and still visible thin horizontal lines from the interlaced footage.

Also tried:

- importing inside an AVCHD - 1920x1080 @ 25P sequence

- edit

- select 'Always deinterlace' option inside Field Options box (takes extra some time because i have to do this for each individual clip)

- export as h264 - 1920x1080 @ 25P /Constrant Bit Rate @ 10MB

Results not that great : stutter motion, more visible drop in details quality and no horizontal lines visible.

My questions are:

1)What is the best sequence settings for editing 50i settings and exporting for WEB/progressive?

2)What is the best deinterlace option? ('interpret footage>no field' does not help)

3)What is the best output/export settings?

Thank you!