Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

new download adobe player 11 not working

Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the adobe player 11 because it said I needed to update my adobe player to be able to play videos off of youtube and other websites. I downloaded the player and it said it had installed it. I restarted my computer and then went online to youtube to play videos. It still showed that I needed to download the player which I know is on the computer. Why is it not recognizing that I have it and should not it be running automatically when I need it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been facing this same problem for the past year and have tried about everything I can think of.   Please, someone help us!  Similar problem with java, too...  Have shut down protected mode, have uninstalled and re-installed, made sure "enabled" is checked in the Security-Custom area (tools).  Have wasted time and still face the same annoyances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ShadowWolf:

We've tried so many things it's hard to determine what's worked.  But - the last we did was to follow the uninstall intructions on http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html.  In brief, we deleted all the files and folders within our FlashPlayer32 folder (subfolders and a list of files).  We then reinstalled (for us, too, easily the 20th time we've reinstalled over the past weeks/months).

The resuilt of the above.  No visible change!  Still did not work.

BUT -  we then hit upon another instruction, whose wording did NOT match our IE tool-bar options.  But - following the gist, we went to Tools - Internet Options - Security - Custom - and Disabled ActiveX Filtering. 

Low and behold - Flash Player suddenly works!  Why?  Not the faintest idea, given that on our other laptop, and our desktop, Flash has always worked with no problem, with ActiveX Filtering enabled.  Now - we'll see if we've spawned other nifty problems as a result of the above "disable"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines