2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2013 8:46 PM by ProDesignTools

Why can't I upgrade my 5 licenses individually?

bobrock

My company has 5 licenses that we have purchased under 1 Adobe ID.  We want to upgrade to the new CC products with the special offers that are going on right now for $19.99 for individual licenses, but I'm being told that I will have to upgrade to a team license @ $39.99 per seat.  If I had known that we would have to do this, I would have regerstered each one individully.  I just don't understand why I have to pay more for the same thing.  How can I get them upgraded individually?

• 1. Re: Why can't I upgrade my 5 licenses individually?
          KevinMcGrady

Check out this chat log with Adobe support about just this issue.

One moment please while we route your chat to a representative.

Thank you for contacting Adobe Sales. My name is Phillip. How may I help you today?

Phillip: Hi, may I have your first name please?

you: Kevin

Phillip: Hello Kevin. How can I help with your purchase today?

you: We are a small company with 2 copies of CS6 and now I need 2 copies of CC. Both copies of CS6 were purchased on the same Adobe ID. Now I want to take advantage of the special pricing for both the new CC copies. Is this possible?

Phillip: Sure, let me help you with the information.

Phillip: You can use the same email ID to place the order for CC now.

Phillip: Since, you own CS6 software, I can get you Adobe Creative Cloud for just $19.99 a month/annually.

Phillip: Since I'm online with you, I'll be able to assist you through the order process without any hassle.

you: OK

Phillip: I will provide you the link to place the order and also confirm the order by collecting the order number so that you can use the applications as soon as possible, Okay

you: Ok

Phillip: Just a moment please.

Phillip: Thank you for staying online, I'd really appreciate your time and patience.

Phillip: Please click here to Cloud

Phillip: I'll standby to hear the order number and the total order value since it helps me to verify the order and confirm that the order has gone through successfully. Ok

you: OK, but I thought I would need a second Adobe ID?

Phillip: Yes, you need second ID while placing the second order.

Phillip: Did you complete the first order?

you: Just about done...

Phillip: Great! Please provide me the order number which starts with AD00...

you: It finished successfully and says I am now a member. Where is the order #?

Phillip: You can check your email Inbox..

Phillip: OR You can sign in to your Account on the Adobe store and under 'Purchases' select the link 'Order History'.  Click the appropriate order number to view details for Order Number.

you: got it. AD008393yyy

Phillip: Thank you.

Phillip: Please go ahead with your second Order.

you: Do I need to create another Adobe ID now?

Phillip: Yes please...

Phillip: Just to confirm, is your order process going through smoothly?

you: I am working on it...

Phillip: Ok

Phillip: Just to confirm, have you placed the order successfully?

you: Ok. I am at the order page and it says I don't qualify for the promotional offer.

Phillip: Did you enter the second serial number?

you: I don't see anywher to enter any serial number.

Phillip: Once you log in to your Adobe, you need to enter.

Phillip: If it is not prompting, then, you can directly place the order.

Kevin: Where do I directly place the order.

Phillip: I  will give you the fresh link again, please try to place the order with that link.

Phillip: Please click here to view the order page,

Phillip: Did you get the link?

Phillip: Log in with another id and enter the second CS6 serial number to get the  discounted price.

Kevin: Yes, It still says I don't qualify. No place to enter the serial.

Phillip: Do you have 2 serial numbers right?

Kevin: Yes

Phillip: And how did you place the order first one, please do check with the serial numbers once again.

Kevin: I didn't enter any serial number. I logged on with my original Adobe ID and it has the info for both serial numbers already. It never asked for either one. Just said checking... and then it worked. With the new Adobe ID it says checking... and then "You don't qualify for this promotional offer."

Phillip: Alright, log in from the same email ID which you had placed for the first order.

Kevin: Ok

Phillip: is it working?

Kevin: It did go through.

Phillip: Great!

Phillip: Could you please provide me the order number like the earlier?

Kevin: AD008393xxx

Phillip: Thank you.

Kevin: I am confused about the 2 Adobe ID's. I had read on your site that 2 are needed. Will this work for 2 full copies?

Phillip: Let me explain.

Kevin: Ok

Phillip: Well, to get Adobe Creative Cloud, you need to 2 email ID's.

Phillip: Thank you for staying online, I'd really appreciate your time and patience.

Kevin: Sure

Phillip: Yes, it will work with 2 Full copies./

Kevin: How?

Phillip: Since  you have join two full version subscription with different valid Ids, you will get full access to two full copies of software,

Phillip: I'm happy to help you. Do you have any other questions for me to help with?

Kevin: How does the other ID "know" about the subscription from the original ID?

Phillip: Well, you cannot log in to Cloud using one email ID, you need to use two different email ID's to use two Clouds.

Kevin: So how does my new ID "know" I have that second subscription?

Phillip: You can sign in to your second Adobe Account on the Adobe store and under 'Purchases' select the link 'Order History'.  Click the appropriate order number to view details.

Kevin: The second one has no orders !!!

Phillip: It should have. Please stay online while I transfer you to the Support team so that this issue can be resolved in your first contact, okay.

Kevin: Yes please. I need someone that understands the problem.

Phillip: Sure/

Please wait while I transfer you to an operator at Adobe Service.

You are now chatting with 'Nikit' at Adobe Service.

Nikit: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Kevin: Hello

Nikit: Hi Kevin.

Nikit: How you doing today?

Kevin: I am fine. That last person on this chat was making me upset. How are You?

Nikit: I’m sorry that you were treated that way.

Nikit: I am fine. Thank you for asking.

Nikit: As I understand that you are not able to login into your Adobe account. Am I correct?

Kevin: I am able to log on to both my Adobe accounts.

Nikit: Okay.

Kevin: One account now has 2 copies of CC and the other has none. Do you see the chat log?

Nikit: One moment please.

Nikit: Thank you for staying online.

Kevin: Not a problem.

Kevin: maybe I don't understand how it works?

Nikit: I checked and see that you have two order AD008393yyy and AD008393xxx for Creative Cloud subscription.

Kevin: Yes, Both under the same Adobe ID.

Nikit: Just to confirm, do you want to cancel the one order?

Kevin: NO. I want 2 copies of CC.

Kevin: How does that work under just one Adobe ID.

Nikit: In that case I suggest to you please purchase the creative cloud for team.

Kevin: No. I want 2 copies of CC

Kevin: Transfer one to my other Adobe ID please at the same promotioal pricing.

Nikit: I'll be right with you.

Nikit: Adobe has moved to identity-based licensing with a technology that will not support multiple same-product licenses, so you can buy only one membership per Adobe ID.

Nikit: If you need two Creative Cloud memberships, you will need to purchase each with a unique Adobe ID.

Nikit: You can also purchase a Creative Cloud for teams membership, which allows you to purchase and manage multiple seats under one account.

Kevin: OK. I UNDERSTAND. I HAVE 2 ADOBE ID's. I have 2 copies of CS 6 under one Adobe ID. I want to have 2 copies of CC. I want the promotional pricing.

Nikit: May I have your second Adobe Id?

Kevin: prepress@********.com

Nikit: Thank you for the email address.

Kevin: That is the 2nd Adobe ID as well.

Nikit: Please click here.

Nikit: Please click on the above link to check the transfer of license process.

Kevin: Ok. Why do I have to go through all this? I am pissed off. I explained the situation in the first place.

Kevin: It is the same owner. Just different ID's

Kevin: The team version costs more.

Kevin: This must have come up before.

Nikit: I truly understand you concern.

Kevin: We have 2 copies of CS6.

Kevin: I wanted to upgrade both to CC.

Kevin: Both CS6 were ordered under the same Adobe ID.

Kevin: Now because ADOBE has changed the way things work I need 2 Adobe IDs.

Nikit: Please give me 2-3 minutes while I check and see what best I can do to resolve this issue.

Kevin: I am fine with 2 Adobe IDs. I just want the promotional pricing.

Nikit: Thanks for staying online, I appreciate your time and patience in this regard.

Nikit: For security reasons, could you verify your complete name and billing address as mentioned on your Adobe account please?

Kevin: Not a problem.

Kevin: The billing name or my name?

Kevin: The Billing name is ************

Nikit: Your complete name and billing address as mentioned on your Adobe account please?

Kevin: ******** ***Address***

Nikit: May I have your first and last name please?

Kevin: Kevin *********

Nikit: Thank you for the information.

Nikit: Kevin, In that case I will go ahead and register one CS6 serial number under your new Adobe Id prepress@***********.com.

Kevin: Yes please.

Nikit: Thank you.

Nikit: Thanks for staying online, I appreciate your time and patience in this regard.

Kevin: Not a problem. Let's just get it fixed up.

Nikit: I successfully transfer one CS6 serial number under your new Adobe account **********@pgoregon.com.

Nikit: In that case you have to can the one order and place a new order under other Adobe Id.

Kevin: Can you transfer the CC membership order or do we need to cancel one and reorder under the new ID?

Kevin: I see.

Nikit: I am sorry, I checked and  see  the  order is not completely processed.

Kevin: OK. Now what?

Nikit: You have to cancel the one order and place a new order under prepress@pgoregon.com

Nikit: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Kevin: yes

Nikit: Please go ahead.

Kevin: How do I cancel with no penalty.

Kevin: Why did this happen? Why would ANYONE want 2 CC memberships on one Adobe ID?

Nikit: Since your order is is not completely processed, you will not be charged for the penalty.

Nikit: Adobe has moved to identity-based licensing with a technology that will not support multiple same-product licenses.

Kevin: I understand that. Why would ANYONE want 2 CC memberships on one Adobe ID? Why was I instructed to do this?

Kevin: I can't cancel an order. It says to contact customer support.

Nikit: Could you please provide me  the Adobe order number which you wish to cancel?

Kevin: I don't care which one. How about AD008393xxx.

Nikit: Thank you for the order number.

Nikit: I checked and  see  the  order is not completely processed hence, I am unable to Initiate the return for the order AD008393xxx. However, I will forward your request to our appropriate team to check and Initiate the refund, they will contact you back via email within 2-3 business days. Once the refund is Initiated you will receive the refund within 5 to 7 business days.

Kevin: Okay. NO PENALTY'S!

Nikit: I can assure you that you will not be charged penalty for order number AD008393xxx.

Kevin: Okay.

Nikit: I am happy to help. Do you have anymore questions for me?

Kevin: No

Nikit: I hope all this information was helpful and resolves your issue for today.

Kevin: I don't understand why I was led down this convoluted path. I thought I explained the situation just fine at the very first.

Nikit: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kevin: Perhaps you folks should review the chat log to thwart future problems.

Nikit: As per Adobe policy you can only use one subscription under one Adobe Id.

Kevin: I understand. I understood from the beginning.

Kevin: This is what I asked "We are a small company with 2 copies of CS6 and now I need 2 copies of CC. Both copies of CS6 were purchased on the same Adobe ID. Now I want to take advantage of the special pricing for both the new CC copies. Is this possible?".

Kevin: Ok. I am done now. Have a great day!

Nikit: I truly understand what you mean.

Nikit: It was pleasure assisting you today.

Nikit: Have a great day.

Kevin: Thanks man.

Nikit: You are welcome.

Nikit: Thank you for contacting Adobe.  We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Goodbye!

Thank you for chatting with us. Please click the "Close" button on the top right of the chat window to tell us how we did today

• 2. Re: Why can't I upgrade my 5 licenses individually?
            ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Thanks for sharing that Kevin...  Did you eventually get it all sorted out the way you wanted, with two CC upgrades from CS6 on two different Adobe IDs?