5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2013 9:26 AM by Mike M RSS

Mac Reader

LindaGentry

New Mac Mini with system 10.8.4 - installed Acrobat Reader (only) 11.0.03 from internet several times now. It does not open anything. Message says the file damaged and could not be repaired. How can ALL my PDFs be damaged?

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Mac Reader
          Mike M Community Member

Can you open them in Preview?
          I've seen this a lot on here, and my brand spankin' new MacMini (7 days old this morning) doesn't do it. I have Acrobat X, Acrobat XI and Reader XI installed and ALL PDFs (I downloaded about 45 this morning alone) open with no problems.

• 2. Re: Mac Reader
            LindaGentry Community Member

Thanks for the input. I downloaded Acrobat Reader 10.1.4 and it is opening any new PDFs that I downloaded but not the ones I tried when I first got XI. They are apparently corrupt! For now, I will be using X.

• 3. Re: Mac Reader
              Mike M Community Member

Just curious, are you downloading them with Safari or another browser (Firefox, Opera or Chrome)?

I only use Firefox, and I haven't seen any PDF issues with downloads or viewing in browser.

• 4. Re: Mac Reader
                LindaGentry Community Member

Safari 6.0.5. Haven't tried Firefox or Chrome. Since the version I'm using now seems to be working, I didn't pursue anything else.

• 5. Re: Mac Reader
                  Mike M Community Member

Are you running any antivirus software on your Mac?
                  That always seems like a silly question to me because I've never ever used any with any Mac I've owned.