1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 25, 2013 2:35 AM by Eugene Tyson

Page numbering start from any page

ITEC uae

hi,

i am workin on a small book and want to start and appear page number from page 9 what do i do? I am using InDesign CS6.

• 1. Re: Page numbering start from any page
          Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Page 1-8 need to be Sectioned using a different numbering system

Then you Go to page "9" of the document and start a new section and choose to start the numbering at 1

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/indesign/cs/using/WSa285fff53dea4f8617383751001ea8cb3f-7111a.h tml

Define sections in a document

1. In the Pages panel, select the first page in the section you want to define.
          2. Choose Layout > Numbering & Section Options, or choose Numbering & Section Options in the Pages panel.
          3. If you’re changing the numbering options for any page other than the first page of the document, make sure that Start Section is selected. This option marks the selected page as the beginning of a new section.
          4. As necessary, specify the numbering and section options (see Document numbering options), and then click OK. A section indicator icon appears above the page icon in the Pages panel, indicating the start of a new section.
          5. To end the section, repeat the section numbering steps on the first page that follows the section.