4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2013 6:46 AM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements 10

nicholsonbob Level 1

Using Premier Elements 10 the red stop markers do not return to menu!

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 10
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Can you provide more details or, better, a screen capture of your timeline?

Have you ensured that your Stop, Scene and Main Menu Markers are far enough from each other on this timeline? How far apart are they?

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 10
            A.T. Romano Level 7

nicholsonbob

Lots more details required as indicated by SG.

But I could not resist including the following question into your thread for after you address SG's questions.

In Premiere Elements 10 (Mac or Windows), are you doing a burn to DVD disc, burn to AVCHD DVD disc, or burn to Blu-ray?

This might cut to the core of the issue if you are doing the burn to Blu-ray since Timeline Stop Markers are not recognized in the playback of the Premiere Elements (any version) burn to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc. Also applies to AVCHD on DVD disc on whatever player you can find to play back the AVCHD DVD.

The answers are in the details so looking forward to lots of them.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 10
              nicholsonbob Level 1

Hi Steve

I have found that the stop marker does work in preview but i have to start at the beginning and go to the end because the >>I (next scene button ) does not work the I<< back scene button does work. The stop marker does not work if I play it in sceneline mode. The main marker is 56 mins from the stop marker. The movie will be burned to a DVD when complete.

Best Regards

Bob

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 10
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Bob

Are you placing a stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline? Do not. It is not needed, and it is known to create burn to problems.

You wrote

The main marker is 56 mins from the stop marker. The movie will be burned to a DVD when complete.

Please clarify that. Is your Timeline setup for more than one movie and is the stop marker 56 minutes away from the main menu to designate the end of the first movie before going onto the second movie? Or, do you have one movie with a stop marker at its end (the no no)?

How many menu markers do you have and what kind? Specific to stop markers, how many and where are they placed? Or are you saying that you have only one stop marker. Basically I am asking for Timeline menu marker placement strategy including spacing.

Also, what is the size of this project? You mention goal burned to a DVD. In Premiere Elements 10 you can burn to DVD disc as DVD-VIDEO or AVCHD. Is this burn to DVD-VIDEO?

Thanks.

ATR