Could you better define "import"? Are you trying to open the files directly from your camera? Are you trying to import the files using the Photo Downloader in Bridge? Could you provide a screen shot?
Here are the steps.
All done in Photoshop
1. Connect D800 to USB.
2. Launch Photoshop CC
4. Browse to D800 and select folder on drive, then select JPEG image
5. Browse screen closes and screen remains blank.
FYI - Same issue for RAW as well.
When I do the same process with CS6 and ever version before it opens the image.
Bad idea to import files directly from camera to computer. Much safer to use card reader.
In previous versions the download process went through Bridge. In CC Bridge is a separate download, although included in subscription.
I have Bridge CC installed. I think the issue is with Photoshop CC.
1 person found this helpful
Curt Y gave you some good advice.
- Remove your memory card from the camera and plug it into a card reader.
- Drag/copy the files from the memory card to your hard drive.
- Eject your card from the card reader and reinsert into camera.
- Then open the files from the hard drive.
It is not a good idea to open/work on files on the memory card, while either in the camera or the card reader.
Yes, you may have done this differently in the past, but it is much SAFER to work on the files after they have been moved to your hard drive.
Please try the above proceduce and report back if you are still having issues.
Yes - That worked - Faster too.