8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2013 4:43 PM by MD Optofonik

Adding insult to injury.  Adobe's Wishlist / Bug reporting doesn't work.

cscooper2013 Level 2

I sure hope Adobe is reading these forums, because I haven't been able to submit a single bug / feature request through the proper channel, and I've given up trying.  It's one thing to make is all BETA testers without warning us.  It's just fanning the flames of fury when Adobe Staff tell us to submit a bug.  It's at least implied that Adobe will not be reading / hearing the messages on this forum.  And I can't even submit a bug report because that form is broken! 

I've spent around 24 hours so far BETA testing their software for them, so I hope they are reading these forums with gratitude for our free services.

Unfortunately, I must get back to work, now.  No more time for BETA testing today.

• 1. Re: Adding insult to injury.  Adobe's Wishlist / Bug reporting doesn't work.
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I submitted a report about 10 minutes ago... Win7 64bit Pro and Internet Explorer

What is your OS and browswer... and have you tried a different browser?

• 2. Re: Adding insult to injury.  Adobe's Wishlist / Bug reporting doesn't work.
            cscooper2013 Level 2

I don't load up my editing machine with unnecessary software (i.e. multiple browsers).  I don't use IE.  I use Chrome.  I realize Chrome has bugs of it's own, but my point is, these forums work just fine.  Given that many, perhaps most, users will never take the time to submit ANY feedback at all, Adobe—every company, really—should be listening to bugs / feature requests from wherever they can get them.  We barely have time to perform beta testing for Adobe, nevermind having to post in two places (one of which doesn't work with some browser or other).

Mostly I'm just tired of the problems, today and feeling like Adobe has wasted so much of so many editors' time over the last week.  Love and peace to all.

• 3. Re: Adding insult to injury.  Adobe's Wishlist / Bug reporting doesn't work.
              MD Optofonik Level 1

I'm the first to rail on a company for ignoring customers but if your browser has the kind of bugs that prevent it's functioning properly it's sort of on Google, not Adobe, and incumbent on your to find a browser solution if you want one; there are alternatives.

I have seen Adobe reps help people out here on the forums so they (the reps) are listening but there is only so much they can do. The reps aren't the engineers which is why there is a specific channel of communication for reporting issues that only the engineers can address.

Now, having said that, there are clearly some systemic problems in the way Adobe, the company, is handling and prioritizing bug-fixes as can be evidenced when a bug in CS6 appears to be ignored for over a year, even as the thread referencing the issue racks up over 60,000 views, in order to spend time releasing CC.

• 4. Re: Adding insult to injury.  Adobe's Wishlist / Bug reporting doesn't work.
                SteveHoeg Adobe Employee

Lots of the Adobe employees responding on the forum are actually engineers.

• 5. Re: Adding insult to injury.  Adobe's Wishlist / Bug reporting doesn't work.
                  Stan Jones Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I haven't been able to submit a single bug / feature request through the proper channel,

Since it is not mentioned in this thread:

Copy/pasting is often the culprit when bug report/feature requests fail. The was a problem some time back when we were copy/pasting suggested text from a forum post. While it appeared there was a character limit (and there probably is), I suspected that invisible "junk" (html code or Word stuff) was being pasted. I have better luck pasting from a pure text editor. I have best luck typing it, and copying from the bug/feature form to keep a copy.

Another thread today complained they could not post a link in a bug report. I have had no difficulty posting a link to a forum thread.

There are of course times where web submissions fail for no good (apparent) reason. I find that very frustrating; don't get me started on Adobe forums and Jive. But as far as I know, the bug/feature system is not part of that.

• 6. Re: Adding insult to injury.  Adobe's Wishlist / Bug reporting doesn't work.
                    MD Optofonik Level 1

Engineers as in writing code? Nice. I'm glad to stand corrected. I guess you guys have to take a lot of the brunt of people's ire regarding corporate policies that you have no control over, i.e., prioritizing product development and maintenance. I imagine engineers don't like to walk away from unfinished tasks anymore than the rest of us.

• 7. Re: Adding insult to injury.  Adobe's Wishlist / Bug reporting doesn't work.
                      John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Over in the long (over 1000 messages) thread Todd (I think, could be Kevin) has "advocated" for the AVCHD spanned clip bug in CS6 to be fixed... but he can't "promise" a fix because it is not his decision to make

I think the Adobe employees who do the work, and especially those who deal with users (such as by posting in the forums) want to do the best they can for the users

It **seems** that Adobe management wants to do the best they can... for the next quarterly earnings statement

• 8. Re: Adding insult to injury.  Adobe's Wishlist / Bug reporting doesn't work.
                        MD Optofonik Level 1

It can't go on forever. They're a large company so they can't stay under the radar. Someone will take advantage of the situation "on behalf" of customers, settle for a standard sum that won't make a dent in corporate financials, take their "share", mail out $2 checks to the customers they supposedly represented, and the bugs will not only remain, there will probably be some clause in the settlement whereby Adobe no longer needs to address the issues. It's a lose / lose for customers and probably employees. Management won't feel a thing and continue as if nothing happened.

Remember, corporations are people too.

We're hijacking dude's thread. I'm done. I recommend Firefox.