7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2013 8:50 AM by ECBowen

No playback on external monitor with PPr CC

NathanSCVideo Level 1

Mac OSX 10.8.4

Adobe Premiere Pro CC

Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Monitor (brand new) w/ Design Desktop Video 9.7.5 driver

LG 52" LCD connect to my DeckLink via HDMI

In PPr CC, when I go to Preferences>Playback I check Blackmagic Playback box but nothing comes through on the monitor. There isn't a "setup..." sub-menu next to Blackmagic Playback, and in the sequence settings there is no "playback options" tab (though that may be a new feature of CC). I have tried the default editing mode AVC-Intra 100 720p 60Hz with the preview format set to I-Frame Only MPEG, and created a custom ProRes 422 (HQ) Quicktime sequence, but neither have shown any results. My source clips are primarily ProRes 422 (HQ), but I have also made a title in PPr CC that does not show on the monitor either.

I have used the same exact ProRes source in FCP 7 + AE CC and have gotten perfect playback on my TV, so I know my cables are good and my output from DeckLink and input on the TV are correct.

I have also tried this in PPr CS6 and gotten nothing. My "playback settings" tab in CS6 is always greyed out, no matter what kind of sequence I create...that could have something to do with it. I am a little new to Premiere, so I'm hoping there is a solution.

Please help! Thanks!