0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2013 4:32 PM by BKin2013

Adaptive content

BKin2013 Level 1

Is there a way using InDesign or linking to external media such as an AI or PSD file that would have the content adapt to the given size without distortion/scaling? An example would be a background fill created with illustrator or photoshop (InDesign cannot create such?) and applying that to a 16:9 and 4:3 layout, such as 1920x1080 and 1024x768 resolutions. Additionally if I setup an InDesign file to have a rounded corner rectangle that expands it's width so there is only 100px padding on each side if I imported that file into a new indesign document and sized it to 50% of the page would it maintain the 100px padding and not have distorted/scaled corners while only extending from the left of the document to middle?

I have little experience with InDesign and looking to use it for UI design, photoshop is too static and doesn't seem to be able to link/update external media, smart objects of imported files become copies within the psd document If you know of any other alternative that might be worht looking into please let me know.