6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2015 10:20 AM by destinedfalls

Actions pallette disappeared?

Hipsta_Please Level 1

I was on CS6 and my layouts got all messed up so i resetted the workspace, only to find my actions pallette gone. Please help. Thank you!Capture.JPG

• 1. Re: Actions pallette disappeared?
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

You may have dragged it off of there. Use menu Windows>Actions to see if it become visible somewhere else. Also on the menu bar there is a pull-down menu in the right side for workspace use it and reset your current workspace.

dragged.jpg

reset.jpg

• 2. Re: Actions pallette disappeared?
            Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

It's really interesting to see how other people arange their Workspace(s).  This is my primary Workspace.  I like having the panels I've made the detail image of, as flyouts, because they take up no room that way, but are just a click away from being fully functional.  My most used other Worspace is similar, but the layers panel is much wider to allow for reading layer names with masks etc.  Two monitors is plenty for Photoshop IME, and for most other applications, but I'd like a third monitor for Premiere Pro so I could have a decent sized Projects panel on the left.

I use a 30 inch for the main monitor, and a Philips 4:3 on the right.

Dual Monitor.jpg

Anyone else want to share their workspace ideas? 

• 3. Re: Actions pallette disappeared?

Trevor

I normally like to edit using two displays. In that mode all pallets except the tool palette are on the second left display and the Photoshop window with the image window or the right display.

I have a new Windows 7 Pro workstation not with dual 6 core Xeon processors, 40GB ECC, SDD, 10K RPM hard disk and a Quadro 4000 Display adaptor  with only a cheep 23" 1920x1080 display.  I will be using that display for my pallets when I get my second display. 

I have been waiting for display manufactures to step up to the play and deliver a high resolution 2560x1600 IPS display in the 15" to 20" size range.  Today all that are available are low resolution 100 DPI displays that are huge in size 30". 

Most desktop display adapters can drive up to 2560x1600 pixels they can not drive a display like the IBM T221 which is a 22" 204DPI display with 9.2 Mpixels 3860x2400pixels.

I would settle for a 23" 2560x1600 IPS display its dpi would only be 128DPI a little less then my Thinkpad's 15" 1600x1200 IPS LCD.  A 15"  2560x1600 display would have a 196DPI which would be hard to read today's text fonts on.  A 20" 2560x1600 display would have a 147DPI and be more readable. I do not want a 30" display.... 

Tablets have High Resolutions Displays,  Phones have High Resolution Displays, Cameras have High Resolution Displays why are they excluding Desktop displays????

• 4. Re: Actions pallette disappeared?
                Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

The DPI thing must be to do with the technology JJ, because there don't seem to be any high dpi laptop screens bigger than the Mac's 15 inch Retina screens.  I am looking for a 17 inch laptop at the moment, and can't do better than 1920x1080, although I suspect that is plenty if truth be known.  My Dell Ultrasharp is a few years old now, and of the 1920x1200 variety.  I have a friend with one of the Dell 30 inch 2560x1600 displays, and it is nice, but not worth trading mine for, as I wouldn't have room for two large displays on my desk (unless I could work out what to do with the chunky Pixma 9000 that sits on the left of my main screen.

I'd still love to see some more Workspace screen grabs.  Your Workspace comes right after keyboard shortcuts when it comes to working quickly in Photoshop.  Anyone want to share?

• 5. Re: Actions pallette disappeared?

No its just the manufactures don't seem to see there a market for such displays. The 2001 IBM T221 was a 22.2" 204DPI display.  Because computer screen fonts were created for 96Dpi displays they were hard to read when displayed at 204DPI.  The Display also had too many pixel to be driven by a normal video adapter. The T221 has 9.2 Mpixel 3860x2400 pixel. Common display adapter still can not drive that many pixels the highest most can do is 2560 x 1600 a 16:10 aspect ratio. Now a days laptop have high resolution display. So fonts and user interface are being updated for high resolution displays. So soon there. will no longer be a GUI font size problem. A 20" 2560x1600 display would have a resolution around 155DPI even current display font with some eye strain would be readable on that display.  And it would be 10" smaller then today's monster 30" 100DPI  2560x1600 displays. I  find 30" to be uncomfortable when I sit close to my workstation.

A macbook pro with 15.4" retina display has a native resolution of 2880-by-1800 pixels 16:10 aspect ratio 220DPI perhaps Windows can be installed on it.

• 6. Re: Actions pallette disappeared?
                    destinedfalls

This just helped me too, Thank you!