2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2014 6:18 PM by KristaToi

Coloour variation across different Master Pages

PR Options

I have created a document with InDesign using two different Master Pages.  When I create a simple colour box on page 1 (using Master Page A) and a colour box on Page 2 (using Master B)  I get a colour variations despite using the same Pantone colour - why?  Colours are synchronised across the entire CS6 suite and I have checked colour settings.

Regards - Douglas

• 1. Re: Coloour variation across different Master Pages
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You probably have transparency on one page and not the other, so ID is reneering them differently on screen in normal view. If you switch to Overprint Preview do they look the same?

• 2. Re: Coloour variation across different Master Pages
            KristaToi

I have got this exact same issue. I'm still quite novice in InDesign and trying to get my head around with everything.

So, I have a two page document. It has a navy blue header, footer and text + couple of transparent images / logos in front. I have it on Overprint Preview and all the colour look the same. When I print it to pdf it still looks fine but when I print it off the first page's colours are correct and the second page text and footer are different blue.

I've tried googleing around and can't seem to figure out what is going on. Can someone please help me out?

Thanks!